Balloon ride tickets for the Spring Rally

I’ve just received my copy of the latest STHT magazine - great issue.  The mag states that tickets for the balloon rides at the Spring Rally can be purchased through the OC store, but there doesn’t seem to be a link to allow me to do this.  Does this mean that all tickets for this feature are now sold out ?

Chris Phillips.

Have a look again Chris, Iain said they would be available soon.

With barely two weeks until the rally you’d think they would be available now. Or perhaps the plan is to build suspense leading to a big rush at the last minute…

guys I am having a tech issue with getting the store to work with timelsot bookings, it was to go live earlier this morning, and I have had to go back a few steps tot try to get it to work. It will be up shortly.

The legalities of flying a balloon are entertaining enough let alone the issues faced with Bristol Council Pete, please keep the volunteer nature of the support to our events in you mind while commenting.

There are only 55 slots available for the Balloon and we need to be as fair as possible to allow STHT to arrive with everyone.

Lighten up Ian, just a bit of tongue in cheek…  You could of course just let people sign up on the day when they get to the rally.

Given the time constraints, these have got to be tethered flights?  If so, it might be a good idea to make that clear, just in case. 

We are up up and away …

http://store.mx5oc.co.uk/spring-rally-balloon-flight-3212-p.asp

Good man Iain! See you up there :wink:

Thank you gentlemen - all sorted now, and balloon flight booked.

I am so looking forward to this event - first MX-5 rally, and first ever balloon ride !

The term ‘dog with two dicks’ springs to mind !

I was at the end of my tether with it when you prodded 

Various laws and rules mean that all tickets need to be signed up in advance and cannot be sold on the day and the whole things is weather dependant. like I say it hasn’t been the easiest thing

We will have a few ad hoc flight prizes on the day to give away, too.

Woo hoo!!! Booked!!!  

Completely understand Ian. I’m sure it will be a great success. I just bought a ticket so I’ll be keeping fingers crossed for sunny weather and no wind!

Booked can’t wait!!!

Hi

have paid for slot for two and got pay receipt. Email saying get confirmation via another email. Not had that final email? How do I get my voucher on the day?

thanks

I’ve had no email either… I assume showing my membership card will enable them to check that I am booked on the flight?

Just booked.

Fingers crossed for the weather now.

Great job Iain, well done.

Kevin

Like you, I had an email when I first purchased the tickets, thanking me for my booking, and informing me that a confirmation email would be sent out once the order had been processed - but so far no other email has been received.

If no such email arrives by the weekend, I suppose all I can do is print out the payment receipt, take that along with me, and hope that I can get my proper flight ticket (or voucher, whatever they want to call it) at the tent when I arrive at the show.

Chris Phillips. 

Folks

The instructions were in the item description when you placed an order for a ticket. http://store.mx5oc.co.uk/spring-rally-balloon-flight-3212-p.asp

I have been composing the lists and vouchers tonight as I am setting off for the Rally tomorrow and admin gets considerably harder on the road.
You will collect your voucher to fly from the Desks in the Club tent. (where you can pick up your Rally plaque too) with either your purchase confirmation or additional confirmation that will now follow.

The Balloon is highly weather dependant and I have been speaking to them regularly on the likelyhood of flight, which given the long range forecast has moved into a more positive state.

There are still a handful of opportunity to fly

3 places at 11.00
1 place at 12.30
3 place at 13.00
3 places at 13.30
2 places at 14.30

Due to regulations tickets will not be available on the day, other than give aways, prizes or cancellations.

We are offering a guarantee on the ticket of flight or refund.

Thanks for that Ian.

One query though: I have booked (and my original email confirmation confirms this) a flight for two people at 13.30 - 14.00 hrs.  Your recent posting states that there are three places available for 13.30, but I understood that there was a maximum of three people allowed in the balloon at any one time, and I have taken up two places already !

Does this mean that there will actually be more than one flight between 13.30 and 14.00 ?  How long are the flights ?  Your message states “the balloon (is highly weather dependant)” - is there more than one balloon actually operating that day ?

Chris Phillips.