Battery Change Settings

I need to change my old battery on my 2013 Mx5 ,I have read and been told,to do this will ,I will loose the Radio and other settings ,is this correct Thanks in Advance for replies

Yup, usually the radio will need retuning and clock reset (if you don’t have an inbuilt satnav headunit such as the NVA-SD8110 tomtom unit. Also, more importantly, if you have DSC on your model, it will need resetting as follows:

There are some head units with a code in them that need to re entered if you change the battery. The majority of the cars do not need this done.

If you need to enter a code on a Mazda fitted unit, I believe that Mazda dealers are not allowed to issue you with a code but that one of their staff have to do it with you not present but you may be changed for that.

If you have a set of jump leads or at a push some wire and a spare 12v battery you can maintain power to the radio while you swap the batteries over. With ignition off! Attach the positive of the spare battery to the positive terminal on the car and the negative to anywhere metal. Change the battery without disturbing the leads. Take leads off once new battery is in situ. On no account allow the positive lead to come into contact with anything metal.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for information

I have read somewhere about the standard head unit stating…
If you’re not sure whether your head unit has a code trying inputting your own, you’ll most likely need the manual to do this. It shows the procedure to input the code and also the procedure to cancel the code.
So in effect if you can input a code it never had one to start with.

Procedure hidden from view by mod.

Success, thank you so much. Saved me from paying out at the local Mazda garage

1 Like

Thanks