Battery drain elusive

1. My model of MX-5 is: na auto 1.6 1994
  2. I’m based near: __ulster
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __battery drain… all usual problem issues checked down to replacing the light switchwiper stalk cluster on the column all new bulbs rear …all 4 sidelights illuminate the moment the ign is switched on. the front 2 are leds…anyone…i’m resorting to solar sealey set hooked up… battery is new, previous halfords failed this is a 063 44amp lead acid again halfords replaced under warranty…will

How much current is the drain? Have you tried pulling fuses while you measure the current drain to isolate the problem?

You really need to rig up an ammeter with ma scale or other type of current measuring device on one leg of the battery and go through the fuse box as stated. At least this could point you in the general direction of the fault and go from there…

Have you tried pulling fuses one by one and observing if the lights go out? The side lights haven’t been purposely wired like that to replicate DRLs by a. Previous owner have they? Can you see any non original wiring?

Guys thx, To start with i drove this machine 400 miles home when i bought it everything working as normal in the worst weather imaginable for a summer drive, nothing failed and lights were normal, since then we have gone through the vehicle with a tooth comb, suspension, brakes , steering, rad hoses ,heater hoses ,cam belt water pump, cam box gasket, plugs , plug leads, coil pac, removed an immobiliser, changed a steering wheel, replaced and checked out another alternator,checked all the bulbs and replaced them, fitted leds to front sidelights ,the column switches replaced, fitted a new drivers guard, repaired d/s door edge, refinished several panels and somewhere in amongst the work i have annoyed something, however my thoughts were and why i asked is that in the vast experience of technical knowledge of MX5 mk1 enthusiasts and experts i cannot have been the only one to come across the issue, noone to the best of my knowledge and where i can see under the dash and around the front retracting light area has mucked about with wiring, there has been a fog lamp switch added to use the d/s reversing light bulb as a fog light but its been checked and cleared. all the rear sidelight bulbs were renewed and there no sign of water ingress, the battery earths were renewed and doubled up and a new one heavier duty made to the alloy PPF… I Had hoped someone could direct me, as i cannot easily access the inner wing inside fuse box, personally with 50+ years around cars of all sorts i have yet to see as stupid a harness lay out by Japanese manufacturers…in the mean time until my sparky freind recovers from his tummy bug , i’'ll try and get around to the fuses in that silly place they are sited… SUNDAY 18th all fuses below in footwell checked all ok… no sign of heat or water ingress around the box either… will