Bbr 180

Had a service and MOT done plus the 180 sport pack. Dyno figures 190 hp and 163lbft peak, at the wheels around 159hp and circa 137lbft. 

Driving home was a hoot, exhaust is little noisey at 2k ish rpm but that can be driven round. On hard acceleration the exhaust sounds purposeful and gives a massive grin factor, I love the popping as well … Acceleration is good! Power is over broader band and the exhaust just says come to the red line! 

Looking forward to really opening it up ! 

Sounds sweet, any chance of a video with good quality sound?

Go and find a tunnel, it’s a blast 

Just back from ten days deafening the Spanish.

The question is…what was secret about it?! Hiding it from the better half?

:smiley:

sadly yes. 

I haven’t manage to drive the MX5 a lot this summer, but new battery and this work will mean I will … Apologies to anyone who sleeps in past 7:10am on B4100 … 

:D 

Well played!

Went out tonight, had my excuses ready when her indoors said that sounds a bit noisey. Just loving the sound has you open it up from 2500 up to the red line it just gets more menacing and the popping and burping on over run is great. Really does change the MX5 character, I like mines sleeper like looks, only two fat old exhaust hanging out the back. It does feel quicker but that might just be the soundtrack influencing it all. My car was quite free revving, and always felt nippy this just builds on that with an exhaust note.
BBR gti I love it … Going to take my Dad out in it at the weekend, even though he is deaf as post in one ear, he’ll love it.

Wish I could hear a car with this exhaust, I have the super 225 kit from BBR but with the quieter ‘GT’ spec exhaust, a little more noise wouldn’t go amiss IMO but there are no videos of the ‘Supersport’ exhaust system for the NC anywhere, not on an N/A car that I can tell anyway!

Sure you will be very happy with the tuning work, I know I’m dead chuffed with my car :slight_smile:

Here is a short clip of our 5 in Spain, the microphone is pretty poor and was located by the passengers A pillar, so not the best place for capturing exhaust sound, just cabin ambience, hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/5FMDYaRhJVY

Thanks, but the video is set to private :frowning:

Okay, hopefully that is updated, thanks

It is, I’ve just watched it.  Sounds good, but was better when we were directly behind it!!

I must try a better microphone in a more logical location 

CRT

glad you are enjoying your mod.

can i ask why you picked the “180” over the “200”, as there is little in it cost wise?

cheers

Mine is mk1 so rev range is lower and the cams work into the top end. I was also more interested in torque for acceleration than top speed as well.

If you already have the 170 or 180 kit the 200 is another £1500 on top?

Not sure, think it’s probably mainly labour that jacks up the cost because of the install time.

would be interesting to see if the throttle bodies are or offer a bit more. 

Took the old man out, he loved it, getting more used to the noise now. So it’s creep around at 2000-2400rpm quietly. Shift around 5200rpm to stay in the peak torque range which really starts at 4000rpm …