2. I’m based near: __
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

I’ll take that, just got in, proper review later

Quick one, it’s awesome

3 Likes

Similar to mine! BBR mk1 and getting 176 at the wheels

1 Like

Hi H,
176 at the wheels is very good, the 187 on the graph will more than likely be a ‘corrected flywheel’ figure not ‘at the wheels’.
:heart:

2 Likes

7k in 2nd

Daveya

Thanks for the video, car sounds fantastic. I rang BBR and they said two months for the next batch of GT exhausts to arrive!
I reckon if I was having a full package fitted at BBR they would find one a bit sooner, just a feeling but they seemed a tad unimpressed that I only wanted the back box as my car is already modded to 180bhp.
I’ll ring them in a month and get an update on stock levels…

They’ve been getting busier and busier , they told me they were 6 weeks booked and that was couple of weeks ago. Plus they’ve been getting more and more online orders to ship around the world .

Also had the 185GT kit fitted this week, to our 17k miles 2013 Graphite Sport, and the curves are very similar to Daveya’s post. So it goes well but I’m still a bit disappointed.

There’s a cheap raspy exhaust noise between 2500 and 3500, corresponding with the flat spot shown in the torque curve. Unfortunately that’s the sort of rev range used most often, especially down here in Devon, even though we’d all like to be clear of the B-road traffic and get a move on. Also BBR have mounted the rear box a massive 85mm below the heat shield, presumably so that following motorists can admire the shiny steel showing under the back. A bit naff IMO.

Having said that, the kist is beautifully made and the car is still tractable and economical when driven gently. And it does go brilliantly between 5000 and 7000+ rpm!

1 Like

Yeah I can relate , that rasp is very noticeable when accelerating hard i admit, I assume you’ve had the decat manifold? I think it’s unavailable when decatted as mine is

Yes, decat manifold.

I think that’s what we are both hearing , the result of the decat

In retrospect if I could go back I’d keep that cat but there is good news, you will get used to it and I don’t notice it any more

Plus it is possible to tootle around without exciting the exhaust when my wife is tutting

Is it too late to send mine back​:flushed::joy:
Although I haven’t fitted mine yet I’m thinking the GT exhaust silencer will mellow like the Cobalt and others once it picks up a bit of carbon and other deposits on the internal metal. Should definitely make it sound less harsh and tinny. I see that the Super185 also includes a new mid pipe, mid-pipe silencer and cat. These will all have an effect so it’s probably a soup of all of these factors. Like I say I’m sure it will bed in and sound great after a few hundred miles. Good excuse to get out there and drive it whilst we’ve got this lovely weather.

2 Likes

Yes mine is bedding in nicely

Just googled this, quite an interesting topic you’ve thrown up

Many different opinions but consensus seems to be the exhaust will change over time as carbon builds , some say louder but deeper , some say quieter, most say the sound will change. So give it time, either I’m getting used to it or mine is changing

Thanks that is interesting. In fact I think that did happen after we fitted a bespoke rear box to our Mk1, which had a very similar (Japanese) 4-branch manifold etc. The old box droned dreadfully, the new one was drone free but quite harsh - and then it wasn’t so harsh. Or, as you said, did we just get used to it? Time will tell. I’ll post an update in a month or so.

1 Like