BBR Super 200 with NC Centre Section Exhaust?

Hi,

As per title really; we have a 2010 NC Mk3.5 PRHT 2.0L that is running the BBR Super 200 conversion, of which we am very pleased with.

However am now thinking of adding the BBR NC Centre Section Exhaust that’s got the sports catalyst  as part of it;  as i am currently running OEM

Question is, has anybody got this NC Centre Section Exhaust combined with the Super 200 and have there been any issues with passing the MOT emission test/requirements after fitting it?

Would like it for the extra 5 BHP and accompanying increase in exhaust note; however i don’t want to give myself a world of grief every time the MOT comes around!

Having spoken with Neil at BBR, hes confirmed that it meets MOT emissions when warm!!My worry is that the tester could not get it sufficiently hot and I then get a fail on a car that’s only done 9500 miles!!

So whats people real world experience of this come MOT time, any issues?  Or am i worrying unnecessarily?

Many thanks

David and Nikki

Yes, you are worrying unnecessarily…I’ve been running the complete BBR exhaust on my '06 supercharged NC for several years now and not once had an issue with emissions…just make sure that the car has had a good hard run beforehand and it’ll sail thru…Neil knows what he’s talking about

As above ours passed it’s mot at our Mazda dealer comfortably inside the emissions limits.

Ok thanks for the replies Bk65 and 5iver!

Looks like we will be off for a trip to see BBR again.

Will make sure it has an “Italian tuneup” before dropping it of for the MOT

Cheers

David and Nikki

Ok thanks for the replies Bk65 and 5iver!

Looks like we will be off for a trip to see BBR again.

Will make sure it has an “Italian tuneup” before dropping it of for the MOT

Cheers

David and Nikki

Mine sailed through the MoT a week ago:

0.06 for COand 21 for hydrocarbons.

My Mk3 passed with this setup and then the garage had a visit from VOSA who redone the test on my car

Hi Dave , just interested to find out if you’ve had the centre section fitted at BBR & if so are you pleased with it ?

I also had the 200 done on my mk3 about 2 years ago & really love it & was wondering how it sounds. I think it’s a no brainer to have it done,   Cheers  Andy

Well there rest a tale… was already to have the centre section fitted last year when the wife pipes ups about having the bathroom refitted… so guess where the car fund ended up 

spent.

Anyway thats sorted now and so the car will be off to BBR sometime in March for the centre section fitting

Dave