BBR tuning

For anyone who has owned a mk3 and 4 both 2L. Was the difference between the bbr 190 way more noticeable than the bbr 180 for the nc. The 180 on my nc was good but not great, it felt a bit quicker but nothing special. As you can see the ND has another 20ftlbs of torque and an extra 10bhp. Weighing over 100kgs less so in theory even more bhp per tonne.

Yes owned both and yes both BBR tuned…

ND felt and was quicker tbh, I’d put most of that down to it being a fair bit lighter though… I was also disappointed with the NC and mine was 201bhp (bbr cams) and still my ND feels a fair bit faster…

3 Likes

What is your nd mapped to ?

completely different engines so…

2 Likes

I think it’s more about how the cars feel after tuning than the fact the engines are different.

1 Like

it was 206 bhp buddy

Ahh, an exta 16bhp guessing yours is an nd2. Was the differnece more noticable than the nc ?

To be honest I don’t quite understand the original question…

As i said they are completely different engines. Nc and nd1 both start from a completely different baseline (nc around 160 bhp, nd1 160 bhp but nd2 is 184 bhp max bhp believe)

The nd engines are newer and more efficient, any gains you get from them cannot be compared with the nc engine. nd1 and nd2 is a better/ fair comparison but you haven’t asked that.

If you question is does +25 bhp from baseline feel any different, I’d say marginally yes but for me in practice no. However usually the modifications involve an exhaust system mod and result to a new more pleasurable driving soundtrack hence better experience. Therefore people are happy with the mods.

That isnt what i asked. I asked if the jump from 160 to 190 is a more notiveable difference than the nc from 158 to 180.

2 Likes

Still, i can only respond with my perspective and for an nc the jump was from 160 to 186 bhp, +10 lbf in isn’t that much in terms of performance.

However I would 100% do it again even with zero performance increase just for the noise.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.