BBR TURBO owners NC

I had a stage 1 conversion with a few stage 2 components, but keeping the original Mazda exhaust and got no pops or bangs at all. I then went for the full stage 2, which was mainly just the BBR exhaust and a remap, and now and it pops all the time because the exhaust has no back pressure. The performance gain was significant, taking the car from 274bhp/226 ft-lbs torque to 307bhp/245 ft-lbs torque.

Spoke to Neil at BBR this morning so asked him about the pops and bangs. Ā The ecutek software doesnā€™t currently allow fuel cut on overrun - bizarrely the standard Mazda ecu doesnā€™t do this as standard. Neil said he had asked ecutek to add the code to allow this function, but so far they havenā€™t done it. So maybe ā€œwatch this spaceā€!

Ā 

Dave

I also just got off the phone to BBR about an upgrade from Stage 1 to Stage 2. Not as pricey as Iā€™d have expected, which is good. Labour costs arenā€™t huge so I think Iā€™ll be booking it in for a couple of months time.

How much if your donā€™t mind me asking as this id my next move

Iā€™ve got some of the S2 parts fitted already, so around the Ā£1.5k mark fitted, inc. VAT.