BD reader location on Ventura model 2012

Hi, Worried, had the car 8 month, 600 miles, less than 25k and the engine warning lights on, dealer does not want to know. Have reader but unable to locate where to plug in ? worried due to wires inside the glove box, and what looks like a computer socket on the end ? Any help appreciated, thank you.

Have a look drivers side under the dash where you right knee goes.
:heart:

1 Like

Might just be because it’s not been used much. Fill it up with Super Unleaded E5 and take it for a good long drive.
Yes the OBD socket is always under the driver’s side of the dash.
The wires in the glovebox are probably an aux or usb connector for the stereo or reminants of a handsfree phone kit.

Hi, Thanks for advise.
I have checked this area out, even had the plastic surround off btm steering column, to look around, no port. Also looked on utube, still not found it. Feeling a bit daft !

The link is the wiring left in the glove box, connectors and a terminal to terminal, I thought someone maybe connected a laptop to fault read off ?

Hi, Thank you fro reply.You are probably right with the wires. But the port is not under the drivers side of the dash. Even han the plastic trim off the btm steering column to get down and under to have a good look, no OBD port. Is it worth going on line to Mazda and ask the question ?

Just done a search on the site and stolen this-----

‘EOBD socket is just outboard of the bonnet pull cable right behind the lever.’
:heart:

It’s as close to the right kick panel on the A pillar as it could be. The cables going across, well one is the dab aerial, the other??
I need to check out that rust, no leaks there though.

That multi-way is for an early iPod.
It plugs into a module bundled tight behind the head-unit and that module has another long lead plugged into the head-unit’s Aux connector next to the Aerial plug.
I took it out and replaced it with something more useful as here

The OBDII socket looks a bit like an old TV SCART socket and is right at the end of the dash, next to the bonnet and boot release buttons and almost under the A-pillar.
This pic is looking almost straight up from the floor.

1 Like

Hi, Thank you for pic., I have found it ! My garage is tight, I had to go upside down, it was a long way back and really diff. to find, Many thanks, for the pic. says a thousand words.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.