Bedfordshire Classic Motor Show May 3rd & 4th

Went to this last year & had a good day out.

Anyone up for a mini meet? Would be nice to meet a few fivers there [Y]

I will be going on the Monday so herindoors can wander round the dolls house exhibiton.

http://www.classicmotorshow.com/bedfordshire-classic-motor-show.htm

OOOPS me thinks i placed this in the wrong section. Could a mod kindly move it please? I guess “Other Events” would be ideal [Y]

I was certainly thinking of going to this.

I haven’t been before - but it looked very good.

I though will have to go on the 3rd - can’t get out of work [:@]

Work on a Bank Holiday? Thats a bummer.

As said will have to be the Monday for me as the boss wants to  take a look around the dolls house exhibition & I believe the dolls house fair is only on the Monday.

Lets hope the sun comes out to play [Y]

and as if by magic

Hi Dave is the dolls house exhibition actually at the car show.If so myself and the wife are up for going to this one.Dolly bits for her,cars for me.

Yes it`s at the car show but will be a seperate small entry fee i imagine.

Probably going across on Sunday with my daughter as the air show is on as well. Should be a good day out and a decent blast across from Leighton Buzzard in the 5, which has been sitting in a long term car park at Heathrow all week!

Any idea on costs for the car show as prices are not listed on the Shuttleworth website.  The aircraft event is £20 per car and worth every penny too.

£6.50 per person

Accompanied children free (though it doesn’t define children)

Over 65s £5.50 (is that even legal)

Sounds like a bit of a bargain, thanks for the update.

I’ve managed to avoid the work - so it’s a Monday visit for me too.

Looking forward to it.

Nice one [Y] Going to be a few BRGs there it would seem. Let`s hope it stays dry.

Looks like Monday for us as well.

Weather wasnt brilliant so didnt take many pics but here is a few. Met up with Miles & Ron but never got to meet anybody else this time. Spotted a silver MK1 but not the owner.

Here`s Rons 5 parked by the Rolls Royce of course

Herindoors checking out her favourite (daddy had one)

We went, in fact I am on one of your photos,how spooky!!!

We went on Sunday and it was a good little show. Getting in was a bit of a faff as the airshow was on next door, with an Alfa Romeo event too.

I saw a few 5’s around the public parking including a tasty black Mk1, with twin tail pipes which my daughter loved! I’m now getting nagged to add some to my 5 too. is anyone doing the Classics on the Common or Classics on the Green events?

I usualy go to the Harpenden Classics on the Common if it fits in with work commitments. Havn`t checked the date this year yet.

Last year there were 2 MX-5s on display even though they were obviously not 20+ years old.

Wednesday 29th July, Classics on the Common 2009, Harpenden, Herts, 4pm onwards

Wednesday 5th August, Classics on the Green, Croxley Green, Herts, 3pm til late

Sunday 20th September, Classics on the Green, Croxley Green, Herts, 10am - 4pm, including steam fair and Scammell register

Noted 20 year rule at Harpenden, a great evening out with some very special cars on display and in the car parks. The Croxley event is smaller but good fun too and well organised.