2 Likes

Fits with the sports car owner demographics

Eh?
Whit?
Speak oop lad.

1 Like

Looks like they found a very old batch of ceramic white thats gone bad

3 Likes

I liked the highly visible “Colorado Beige” on my old Mk1 Cavalier, but everyone else hated the “dirty orange” look of the car.

Someone will like the ND sand colour, they might even buy it because there’s so little choice of bright visible colours.

Nothing worse than driving a road-coloured small car in poor vis when the world is infested with SMIDSYs.

I had a 1.9 TD Sandy Beige Xantia company car. It was the colour of dried dirt/salt and it never needed cleaning.
Had great fun with the low down torque and Mondeo drivers.

1 Like

Zircon Sand… i quite like the look and sound of that.
Mine is white im not to sure what Mazda call it though, probably something like ‘the bit around the red dot white’ lol.

1 Like

I do like that colour? Very. Retro :+1: and yes I’m drawing my old age pension too! :joy::joy:

Barrie

2 Likes

It will be “Snow Grey” or some other made up shade of grey

1 Like

That colour doesn’t do it for me, but then again I’m not taken with the pearl white, either. I do absolutely love the current soul red (and am trying to talk myself out of a 3 in that colour to replace the current ‘sensible’ car). RichardFX has a good point about standing out, especially in a world of SUVs the size of an oil tanker with drivers of varying abilities and attention spans.
Bit confused by the statement that the ragtop will be known as the roadster - I thought that had been the case since about 1991!

1 Like

I think that the MX-30 looks good in Zircon Sand, maybe the MX-5 will too.

Looks less beige and more sharn in that picture… :face_with_peeking_eye:

Oh dear - hearing aid beige! What has that ND done to deserve that!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed that Mazda have discontinued the very nice (in my eyes) Eternal Blue and replaced it with a beige colour called “Zircon Sand” (see below), which to me is more suited to a Citroen Berlingo or Peugeot Partner rather than a sports car. It may look better in the flesh, but I will reserve final judgement until I see one. The Deep Crystal Blue is nice in very sunny conditions but appears almost black in typical UK cloudy days. At least they have retained the Soul Red Crystal for those who like their MX-5s to have a bit of pizzaz.

Over to you AST/SAZ…

2 Likes

Colours?
It has been thus for decades tbh.
One mighty huge disappointment.
But, we still bought them.

I think it is a very cool colour actually - a lot of high performance cars come in this sort of shade . It would be even better in matt finish . That said , I would still rather mine in the same colour scheme as my last Seven - an homage to 1967 BRM livery. (my recipe was Land Rover Lugano Teal with Ford Colorado red nose band )

4 Likes

I seem to be in the minority here, but I absolutely adore it. Nothing will top BRG and tan for me, but this is a close and very comfortable second.

Another couple of pictures

3 Likes

I like the colour too.:+1: