Berkshire Treasure Hunt/ BBQ Rally 12th July 2009

I’m looking forward to it!  [:D]

Hi,

I’ll probably be along to this - do we need to be there before 10 to enter the treasure hunt? I’ve got some other things to do in the morning, so may not make it before then. What’s the format for the treasure hunt? Does everyone sign in and then get staggered starts? Or we all go at once?

Hi Bob

My wife (terry) and I are planning on coming

Looking forward to catching up again

bob spencer

thats pretty much it, even if you dont make the hunt there will still be plenty of other things ongoing including pig roast, tech centre , grand prix etc…

See you there!

Just a note to say we are looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday for what we hope will be a great turnout and a great day. Remember this event is open to ALL regardless of area or membership to the club.

FYI we are also happy to announce that Tim from TR Lane will be attending with samples of his Rollbar work like this…

So bring your money! :slight_smile:

See you all sunday!

Hi Will be in the Oxford area on Sunday on Holiday is that near to you would love to come …[:)]

Yes its not too far from oxford (straight down the m40 and a404). Oxford group are planning to attend and are Meeting at ASDA - Junct 4 M40 @ 9.15am for a fairly prompt start, or alternatively just come straight to the event and we will see you there.

Hi,

How many miles approx is the treasure hunt? Just trying to gauge timing of things.

My wife wants to come along for the ride and I have then agreed to drop her off in Maidenhead for a little retail therapy whilst I return to Littlewick Green in the afternoon.

I have no idea of the length, format or course of the treasure hunt as I cannot then be “bought” for any of the answers to the clues [6]

Its been put together by Helen who came back especially to do this for us (she used to create them back when it was in newbury, but is no longer in the trade). In reality I reckon you should allow an hour or so based on previous hunts.

Spoil sport! Would be nice to win something for once!

An hours or so seems fair, my wife didn’t want to get tied up all day (she doesn’t share my passion for mx5’s).

I remember taking at least a couple of hours when I did the treasure hunts in the past…perhaps I was taking them too seriously [;)]

Bob

Amateur!  I remember taking a lot longer than that about 5 years ago…  If you remember, my son and I got back just after the Grand Prix had finished, after all the food had finished and just in time for the prize giving where we won the booby prize for taking the longest.  Will try to do better[*-)] this time.

Jaz, I was so pleased that you and your daughter won the treasure hunt - well done!!!   I feel sorry for your poor son though!  [:(]

Thanks to Ian, Helen, Harco and every one else who made the event happen…

Was nice meeting all my old friends from the orignal Newbury Mazda event [H]

and I had a great time doing the treasure Hunt.

Already looking forward to the next one… [:D]

ps: should have some of the photos posted on the Oxford website very soon - watch this space

Thanks Ian, Helen and Harco

Excellent event, will be there next year and will try to improve on the poem…!!! Got a year to think what to say.

Brilliant day, worth the 250 miles travel to get there and back. Hog Roast delicious.

Well done and see you next year

Sarah (Mazda Chick) and Martyn (Navman Navigator)

What a great day - and I didn’t even do the treasure hunt!

Huge vote of thanks to all those involved in pulling the event together and the staff and (by the looks of it) associated family members of Littlewick Honda / Mazda Service Centre [Y]  With special thanks to Ian, Helen and Harco, without whom I doubt this event would have made it back onto the MX5 calendar and to the Planet MX-5 team without whom there wouldn’t have been so many oily wrags, grimy hands, but smiling faces around the place [:D]

It was fascinating to see just how many cars were being lined up for the other activities beyond the treasure hunt - the alignment bay, dent man and Planet MX-5 tech corner were all busy right throughout the day.

Well done all - looking forward to next year.

Bob

Thanks to Helen, Ian and Harco  -  It was a great event again - It was my favorite event of the year in the past and was great day again.  My Daughter and I loved it.  After our awful time of 5+ hours when I did it last time with my Son, we were determined to do better this time.  She was over the moon yesterday when we won - she loved the Ian’s commentary through the prize as well.  Thanks again everyone.

Photos now on Oxford website http://ox.mx5oc.co.uk and click the link on the home page

more of my photos from the day posted here  http://s751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/MX5Oxford/TreasureHunt2009/