Berkshire Treasure Hunt/ BBQ Rally 12th July 2009

Hi all

Those of you who have been in the club for a few years may remember the old Newbury Mazda Treasure Hunts that used to be run on the day of the British GP.

Well, the guy who used to organise these events, Ian, now has a Honda dealership nearby, but is still an approved Mazda service/repair agent.  He is keen to revive the event this year as part of the 15/20 celebrations. 

The date has been provisionally set as Sunday 12 July, which this year (well 2009, actually!) coincides with the German GP rather than the British one because of a change to the F1 calendar. 

We’d like to have this as a joint area event (and part of the 15/20 celebrations, as Ian was a great supporter of the club in the past)  so would be looking for support from other local areas (e.g. Oxford, Chilterns, South Central).

Ian still has contacts at Mazda UK and is hoping to get a MK3 Facelift car along on the day.

At this stage, planned features of the event are as follows:

• Treasure Hunt driving around the Berkshire countryside
  • BBQ afterwards
  • GP playing on big screens
  • Potential for Tech Day corner
  • Alignment Centre open for half price geommetry work (Raffle for 1 free alignment)
There will be a £5 entrance fee and people can bring their own drinks.

Sounds like a great event. Ian is hoping to beat previous records and get 100 cars on the day.

Keep an eye out here for updates. 

Cheers

Bob 

Oxford Area will be putting this on the Calendar for 2009

D.J and myself will be there from the Oxford area :smiley:

Hi Bob

Definatly up for attending, the tech corner would be a major draw for me.

and me - planning to be there too - [:D]

if anything like all previous Newbury Treasure hunts it will be a great day out. [H]

Yes we will be there the old treasure hunts were great !!!

Looking forward to it

Sounds good - If I’m in the country I could well be there…

Looks like another event for the diary!
Rgds

Bob

It is planned that the 15/20 Car will be at this event. Are there anymore details available ie time of start etc. Also the club would like to publicise the event - is there a local newspaper?

I am planning this event and it is still being organised, please feel free to drop me a line if you require any further information.

Details of this event are still being ironed out, but it will roughly as described in the post above.

The event will be at Littlewick Green Mazda/Honda Service station, Bath Road, Littlewick Green, Maidenhead SL6 3RQ

http://www.littlewick-green.co.uk/

I have this on the North Thames events list so keep me posted as things get finailised and I will round up our members.

Thanks Eric, will do

Although I would like some ideas from the members out there…

basically the format will be as follows

Arrival am, chatting, gossiping, bonnet lifting etc

Treasure Hunt (stagged departures) around the Berks countryside

return to venue where the following will be running

BBQ (food included in admission price)

Formula 1 Showing on seated area screens in showroom

Planet MX5 tech corner

Scratch and or dent repairs service (outside agent work charged by them)

Half price Alignment centre with prize draw on day for free alignment

all this for a fiver a head including food and soft drinks!!

Now our dilema is, should we try and get something running elsewhere for the ladies / non technical / non F1 fans for the afternoon.

If so, then what? any ideas would be greatfully recieved.

Ann summers party in a back room?? [;)][:D]

Although I for one am quite happy watching the F1 and looking under bonnets [:)]

Title updated for you Harco [;)]

Sounds like a top event in the planning [Y]

Bob

Will stick it in the diary.

Can we make sure it is a sunny day please?

Jane and I would like to come along if thats OK.

Nick

no need to ask, just turn up all are welcome!

Hi Harco

South East will be joining in the fun, already publicised in our newsletter and on the forum, just waiting for people to confirm so that we can let you know numbers for the catering side, thanks for coming to Bromley, glad you had a good day.

We will be doing convoy from Clackett Lane Services M25 West Bound 8am - 8.15am leaving  if anyone wants to join us, by the way Harco what time do you want us there please?

Cheers

Sarah (Mazda Chick)

Anytime from around 9.15 - 10 am will be fine. The events will be starting around 10am.

Glad you are all coming along, i look forward to seeing you all