Best MX-5 Driving Road

I digressed a bit on my previous comment, A53 is my favourite local road! Beautiful views and a lovely road!

1 Like

I drove around the Atlantic coast of Northern Ireland a couple of years ago…great MX5 roads and nearly all empty. well worth a trip if not allowed abroad this year, and the Irish will be pleased with your £ and euro’s

1 Like

A686 Alston to Penrith - Dashcam views coming down off Hartside (1903ft) with Lake District mountains in the distance. This is a great road with a wide range of tight and sweeping bends and great views, though it does attract lots of motorcycles, bicycles and cars on weekends - weekdays can be pretty clear though. Really good surface most of the way, especially from Alston to Hartside summit

3 Likes

Wee shot of my LE at Glencoe last week .
It was my bucket list trip and loved every mile .
Top down whenever possible .

5 Likes

The B4391 to and from Ffestiniog, North Wales is just simply the best. A bit of a trek for me from Hyde, but well worth the travel and the fuel. Beautiful countryside, a twisty and technical road, and plenty of food outlets nearby. A lot of car journalists use it to review cars, so, enough said really haha.

2 Likes

From the early 80’s into 1990 I used to get on these roads alot around Fffestiniog when a mates parents had a 2nd home there… Used to get out round Porthmadog, and the roads out to Lllandudno amongst others - Sadly these were long before my MX-5 ownership days which only began last year… It was the days of Mini 1000’s, 1275GT’s and what I thought was a brilliant Mazda 323 1.5GT…! So need to get back there in the '5… :slight_smile:
Rob

2 Likes

Great road this been up down it many times before.
Up there again in September.

hope to be going round in my old tank this year

I’ll look out for you!