Best place to buy floor mats

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NBFL
  2. I’m based near: __
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Any good places to buy navy/blue coloured floor mats?

I was wondering if anyone had found any where who produced different coloured floor mats, all I can seem to find online is black, grey or beige but would like a nice blue pair to match the interior of my car.

Carmatsuk do a blue in their Luxury range.

Cheers I’ll have a look

If you got loads of money to spend then the CarbonMiata mats seems like the prettiest.

I’m tempted with the Carmatsuk mats but would rather buy through ebay as theirs more protection if something isn’t up to scratch :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
They get decent reviews though.

Just ordered through their website, seem reputable to me but I’m not expecting the greatest quality for the the low money paid. Seem to have the greatest number of options compared to other retailers though. Carbon Miata is a little too much for me, both in cost and looks :laughing:

It would be great to see what your ones are like when they arrive.

I was looking at their higher end mats, I think they were £75, my car is Burgundy and that color is limited to the more expensive stuff for some reason.

I think the Carbon Miata looks out of place as the interior is very plastic but I still like them :stuck_out_tongue:

I ordered a set of Exclusive mats from Car Mats UK for my NC, and I’m pretty pleased with them. Went for black with red trim, I’ll take a photo tomorrow if anyone’s interested!

2 Likes

Yeah I would be, thank you. Difficult to tell what you’re really getting.

I emailed Carmatsuk with a question (including a photo of the wear hole) about if they could make a mat with a heel pad to cover that spot for my Mazda3, and received a very quick polite reply - there was only one position.

Sadly, this was unhelpful because their pad is not where the wear happens. The original Mazda carpet has correct shape pad, even if the UK Mazda dealer supplied mats (after-market carmatsuk?) do not.

Wanted the exclusive one’s too but they only do the navy colour in the basic (luxury) version so will report back the quality of them too.

Seems weird that they couldn’t just sew the heel pad to the location you needed it to be or just cut up a bit of their carpet, trim it and use that as it seems their heel pads are pre made rectangle items.

I’ll vote for Carmats UK!

Sourced from China???

Video on their site infers that they’re made in the UK, though this is just marketing.

If they are indeed made in the UK and even if they’re not, they should welcome feedback about where the wear actually takes place.
Whats the point of heelpads in the wrong place??

Not the best photos (or the cleanest mats!), but hopefully gives you an idea. Quality and fit is good. I have a worn bit on my carpet from where your left heel rests, but I think only the Carbon Miata mats would actually cover this.

1 Like

The website does indeed state they are made in the UK.

The prestige version has no pad but does have a lifetime guarantee

My old FE Victor with the canted-over 2.3litre looks-like-half-a-V8 engine had a strange arrangement where the oil pump sat under the distributor, dead easy to get to both as with everything else on the car, a joy to work on.
The distributor developed a leak where it filled up with oil, and in those days Vauxhall offered a “Lifetime Warranty” on some of their replacement parts.
Ever sceptical, I asked the parts guy how long was this “Lifetime” in reality.
He said as long as the part lasts.
We both laughed.

1 Like

I know it is not directly relevant, but I got some black ones for my NA from MX5parts and they were really rubbish. I would not recommend them…

Thank you, they look decent to me. I have had some mats that were like cardboard, those ones look like they fit well and also thick enough to do their job. They are around £30 also so defo look decent for the money.

I would be disappointed, I’m trying not to buy Chinese goods and support UK, Europe or Japan.
I reckon the material is sourced from China but hope they actually do all the work in the UK.

I did look at them and also remembered someone else on here said they wore out very quickly.
Do you know if it was the genuine mats or MX5PARTS own mats? Genuine one has MX5 in white stitching and seem to be a badly made ones :confused: