Best Soul Red touch up paint

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ND1
  2. I’m based near: __North-west
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Soul Red touch up paint

I am looking to patch some stone chips and car park rash, paint code is 41v Soul Red. Mazda sell a touch up kit, and there are a number of other suppliers advertising the colour on Amazon, Ebay and various other supplier sites. I would be interested in anyones experience with any of the brands available as to whether they are able to do a reasonable job of covering minor scratches without looking a complete mess.

I’d go with the Mazda one

I have had 2 Mazda ones, perfect match. I have also had 3 from ebay (Mazda Volvo and Rover) and they were also an exact match.
:heart:

I had the Mazda one and I thought it looked a bit coppery

I’ve got the Mazda one, was a bit less on eBay than via a dealer.
It’s 2 stage, base coat and a coloured lacquer.
It’s a difficult colour to touch in.
It does a passable job, it’s a 4ft car now as they say, i.e. you can’t spot them at more than 4ft.

One thing I did find is the base coat washes off if it has not been lacquered, because it’s water based.
I washed the car, touched up with base coat, then it rained and washed it all off, so I had to start again.

2 Likes

I would recommend with out hesitation the Mazda two part touch up paint. I bought mine from MX5 Parts.
I had a real nasty chip on the wheel arch. The touch up process was carried out over 2-3 days. I used four coats of the base paint followed by two coats of top coat.
The result was outstanding. Pictures in sequence below.
The result is only effective once the top coat was applied. I felt I was getting nowhere until this went on.
I followed the instructions to the letter. Including the very very light rubbing over the repair with the damp gauze (all in the instructions).
I did not rush this job and was astounded with the result.

Oh yes, there were tears :sob:

Three base coats. :sweat:

Getting there now :flushed:

Wow, wow, wow, you have to be close to see it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Wow impressive result for a touch up pack! Hopefully I will not need one on mine, but I may get one just in case…

Looks like I will be ordering the official Mazda paint then, thanks for all the advice

That’s the next project for me then. Just need to wait for a decent day and work carefully. Cheers. Knowing what can be done is half the battle.