Best Suspension and alloys+tires?

Looking to tighten up the ride on my Mx5 NC 1.8 2010.

I’ve been looking at the Enkei Yamatos with Continental PremiumContact 6 (around £950) for all 4.

What suspension do you all recommend? Also, what do you guys think about my potential wheel and tire setup?

Thanks!

Ciaran

Hiya, first off, i found the site absolutely awful to navigate! Probably me to be fair though :grin:
How do your wheels compare to OEM? A tyre change might be the easier initial option and you could shop around for the best price too, rather than going with the wheel supplier ( unless they are already the best price that is) I have Meister club race on my 2.0 Sport tech and really like them. OEM 17" wheels with 25mm spacers all round along with ILMotorsport uprated ARB’s. Suits me! You could do with getting a ride maybe in a similar car to yours with different set ups, to see which might suit you?
Barrie

1 Like

Hello!

I can imagine it’s pretty tough to navigate I mainly just post and don’t worry about other posts haha! Honestly, the tires I’ve currently got ‘kumho’ aren’t awful but feel like I can get something better.

Maybe I will shop around at some tire shops and see what I can find deal wise for tires. I just mentioned them because this website seemed to pair them together. Honestly, I don’t know anyone else with a Mazda mx5 NC haha (I’m pretty new to the car scene and Mazda scene for that matter) so finding some new friends is my goal at the moment!

1 Like

Wheels seem a good option if your original wheels are past it. They will sit 10mm further out on both sides giving a wider stance. The 17" oem wheels are lighter than these in a 17" though, marginally.

By far the best change is your tyres. Conti premium 6 are a good option. If you are changing wheels and want a closer fitment then you can select a wheel with a different offset rather than use spacers and if you go a little wider 7.5 is a good balence with a 215/45/17 tyre . I am not a avocate of the US approach of fitting massive wheels but this is a good video that explains the options. https://youtu.be/ZKgUfSF2LcY