Best suspension upgrade for a fully loaded grand tour in NC

Hi all

We often go for long weekends in my mk3.75 2.0l whereby the car is close to its maximum weight (~1375 to 1400kg). The car is fitted with Bilstein suspension as standard (14 plate sport venture) but it always feels it is not providing adequate support close to the cars max weight and is uncomfortable.

I am looking to upgrade to a more ‘beefy’ set up to provide better support when the car is heavy. I am not interested in lowering the car just a recommendation on something that provides a comfortable ride when the car is loaded, can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks

I was going to say MeisterR’s, if you don’t want lower they are adjustable for height and you’ve also got the soft to firmer adjustment.
Three week tour of Scotland was great fully loaded on the MeisterR’s and previously with Bilsteins fitted it just felt wallowy in the bendy bits.

1 Like

Many thanks - would that be the CRD’s?

Yes CRD’s👍

Albeit out of stock, but these?

Just has an email from Meister that the Zeta CRD’s will hopefully be in stock mid April.

Many thanks all

Spotted a set on ebay, could be tempted……….

I had an email from them in Jan saying they were due March! Better be quick on the draw as they will sale out as soon as they go live I suspect. The ones I’m watching on ebay have 20 watchers but they only supply 4 sets of coilovers.

You need to check with the eBay sellers as although they may state they’ve x number in stock, they actually don’t. I’ve just ordered an item and it said there were three of them in stock. Guess what ? They don’t and I’m now waiting on new stock arriving from America.

2 Likes

I’ve been on a lot of trips in my 3.5 and recently went for Meister R club race. Yet to go on a long trip but have experimented with the damper settings and near full soft they are a massive improvement over the boat like Bilstien stuff. Too firm at max settings for the road but I’m now really happy with them set to 23 clicks from full soft.

2 Likes

I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Suspension
My model of MX-5 is: NC Z Sport
I’m based near: Peebles

Looking to lower the ride height and remove the boat like feel, Meister R Coil overs look to be receiving the most positive feed back, what about the BBR GTI set up? Anyway I am looking for recommendations on fitting, I likely have the ability, however not the tools or patience. I’d rather someone else skinned their knuckles. Any recommendations on garages? locally there doesn’t seem to be much interest.

I have the same set up 2.0 PRHT + Meister club race and as said softer setting (mines on zero) works very well for road use :+1:

Barrie

Not certain but haven’t Autolink relocated to Scotland? Perhaps they could help?

Barrie

EDIT: DG7 2NU, Castle Douglas