Best Workshop Manual Mk1 Eunos Roadster

Hi,

I’ve recently bought a 1992 Eunos Roadster and I want a workshop manual to help me be able to do as much as possible myself, I’ve heard of Haynes manuals before but other than that I don’t really know where best to look… what other workshop manuals do people use and what’s the best one out there?

Cheers,
Nathan

Get this one:
https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/mk1-enthusiasts-workshop-manual-p-630.html

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Essentially the same book here on ebay, not sure if the one from MX5 Parts has had any revisions or just a different cover (not mine and no connection to the seller, by the way).

Hi Nathan,
If you search online you can find copies of the Mazda workshop manuals, Mellens used to be the place to go.
Good luck
Dave

1 Like

I had a link to the mellens site, it appeared to be broken then it was ok again. I only looked again this week and the link was broken again.:thinking:

Yes I found that I couldn’t connect when I looked, hence the ‘used to be’. There appears to be other places but as I have a paper copy picked up from eBay for a few £££s I did not explore further. If the OP wants to PM me I have the 1994 Manual downloaded from Mellens that I can send. :+1:
Dave

Use the search facility, top right, and look for “MX5 MK1 1990 WORSHOP MANUAL” I sent a copy to ozskins in May 2018 and he managed to get it filed on an app called 4share, the links are all there in the short thread… it’s a REALLY BIG FILE!! … hope this helps!

Cheers!

Russ

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the offer that would be great if you wouldn’t mind! :blush: my car is a 92 but I’m assuming they would work together just fine?

No problem, PM me an email address and I will send.
Dave

I would say the factory manuals are not great for non-mechanics, plus they don’t cover the Eunos Roadster.

The Rod Graingers book is great for the amateur; very clear instructions, and he doesn’t assume a certain level of prior knowledge or access to specific factory tools.

The Haynes manuals, at least originally, were based on US market cars, and not everything transposed to RHD cars. The Grainger book initially was based on tearing down a UK car, but in later editions incorporated many Eunos-specific details.

2 Likes

One can only offer what one is asked for and one can only assume that if the OP wants a workshop manual he has the ability to understand and use one.
I would also agree that Rod’s book is an excellent guide as to how to do things, although I would add that when I wanted to dismantle my alternator it was of little help whereas others on here were.
Perhaps as you have said in the past more than one source of information is not a bad thing.
Dave

1 Like

Okay perfect I think I’ll go for this one

Yeah thanks for that Dave, think I’ll go with one of the Rod’s manuals and then I’ll also use the documents you sent me and then having more than one source of information to cross-reference things is never a bad idea!

Cannot beat a good ol Haynes manual. I mainly brought one to find the right specifications, torques etc plus any quick ways of tackling any issues that occur. I’m a mechanic by trade and worked on many MX5’s over the years. Having manuals such as these helps massively regardless how long you been in the trade for.

Here again, shows NC models but hit the index at the foot of the page for other models. :+1:

https://trull.org/alex/pubmirror/www.mellens.net/mazda/Mazda-Miata-2006-2007/index.html

Thanks, I’ll check those out!

Hi Nathan

posted this a while back, should help

1 Like