BETTABUILDA’s SPORT TECH NOW SOLD

THIS CAR IS NOW SOLD!!! Thank you to everyone that expressed their interest and to members who ‘liked’ the advert :white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

1. The car I’m offering for sale is a 2010 2.0 SPORT TECH
  2. The car is located near LEEDS
  3. The price is £6995

My 2010 2.0 Sport Tech is offered for sale to discerning buyers. I’ve got the itch to move on, again! :nerd_face:

Please note, this car is classed as lightly modified and I make no apologies for this. It drives, stops and handles faultlessly, looks (IMO) fantastic, it’s every bit as nice as an almost new car. It has, newly refurbished wheels and new matching tyres, newly refinished exterior (full panel off professional respray) new custom leather interior, new Carbonmiata deluxe quilted carpets plus matching boot liner, new Pioneer in car entertainment, mechanically excellent with scheduled Mazda main dealer service records up to 100k + receipts, refurbished OEM custom steering wheel, fully overhauled PRHT roof, new Meister club race suspension with F/R remote adjusters, recent brakes/discs replacements and callipers checked over, loads of aftermarket additions, all purchased new, and so it goes on.

So, to the sale of my immaculate Mazda PRHT Coupe. I’m an active MX5 owners club member and enthusiast, as many will know. I’ve owned this particular model for almost 3 years but have had mx5’s for nigh on 20 years. TBH, I actually enjoy the improvements/modifications work equally as much as driving these cars! So, having sold my previous 1800GT through this forum, and the previous to that, Eunos supercharged car, here I find myself once again selling my current MX5, I came up with the idea of creating another modified MX5 again but this time with a higher spec Sport Tech mk3.5 with a 2.0 engine and 6 speed box. Quite a while in the planning but got there in the end. IMO, the overall package is very distinctive and looks and drives great. You’ll be hard pressed to find another car as nice as this one.
If you strip back all the additional finishing work to this car, it is based on a very solid vehicle to start with, nothing amiss with the car in the first place, it had been rust proofed prior to my ownership (a sound investment) and has been further treated with high quality Bilt Hamber products, shows no signs of bodywork corrosion, backed up by the MOT history check, partly why I’ve left the number plate visible, go and check the car out yourself! Only one mention of surface rust on subframe (a very, very common advisory on these cars) in all its life and as said, all been properly attended to. Other items such as bulbs, tyres, brakes etc all sorted with new components.

First registered 2010.

Mileage is 118k, (most of the bigger miles undertaken fairly early early on in its life, with Mazda taking care of all the servicing) and will barely rise as this car does not get used much at all. I do keep it on the road all year round though, you never know, we do get some beautiful sunny winter days! 11 years old now so less than 11k a year on average, also, these cars are meant to be used and enjoyed and this one unfortunately, doesn’t get out much :disappointed:Engine is super smooth and quiet running, being the later, revised and stronger engine, you can barely hear it when idling, regular oil level checks are still advised on these later cars (and TBH the same applies for all cars IMO) to that end, it has the revised later dipstick fitted, to facilitate easy checks. I can honestly say that the car uses zero oil between oil and filter changes ( possibly due to my driving style, I’m not a particularly fast driver) and is just super clean under the bonnet, no leaks of any description. Have a good look at the pictures, then come along and see it in the flesh, you will not be disappointed in any way! I am fastidious with this car, as I have been with all my 5’s, it is stored in its centrally heated garage which is integral to my house, under its own fitted dust cover (it sort of lives with me) doesn’t go out in the wet, unless I’ve been caught out, and gets very, very well looked after. I’ve listed the things I can remember that I’ve done to this car later on in the advert, not in any particular order I admit, more of a list as I remembered things. Basically, a very, very well sorted mk3.5. If you’re looking anyway, you know how good these cars are, almost 50/50 weight distribution ensures good balance and they can be driven reasonably quickly alongside other “faster” cars and not be outdone on twisty roads. I’ve put together a bit of a checklist for what the car offers in all areas to give prospective purchasers some idea of what’s gone into this example.

Don’t think that as this car is modified, it won’t be usable for everyday driving and might be unreliable? It still retains the standard power plant and drive train. It does have the ILMotorsport race back box installed which is one of the more expensive aftermarket boxes available and the quality shows! Very subtle with a sporty sound when needed, not in your face type of tone. The three point upper front chassis brace and Meister suspension, just enhance what is already an excellent handling car. ICE in the car is a leap forward from OEM in terms of features and usability. The majority of other modifications are more cosmetic, helping to create a very nice convertible to drive and own

1. BODYWORK/EXTERIOR - De badged apart from front bumper black Mazda emblem. Front OEM numberplate plinth removed. All those areas have then been professionally filled and smoothed. Full premium quality respray, where every bolted on panel and trims were removed to ensure a top quality respray was undertaken. This work was for cosmetic reasons only, ensuring a perfect colour match to all panels, no corrosion had to be dealt with. Plenty of photos in my thread linked to further down the page. Original Aluminium Metallic (38p) colour used but windscreen surround, mirrors, third brake light and PRHT roof finished in Mazda brilliant black (A3f) Additional clear coat applied too. Headlights are in excellent clear condition, no cloudy lenses or condensation. US Club edition side decals (as fitted to UK RECARO edition too) Black (not tinted) side repeaters with LED lighting. Small rear boot lip spoiler, full front lower bumper spoiler ( all easily removable leaving no damage to body) DRL halo fog lights and DRL indicator switchbacks with DRL controller fitted (no MOT issues) Zunsport full black grill and Black Edition front grill surround fitted. Moss stubby aerial. All vin stickers complete and intact on the car, on all panels, after respray.
  2. SUSPENSION - Meister Club Race spec suspension with full remote adjusters all round, give the car the lowered appearance that it was designed for. (30mm lowered) No issues with speed bumps that can occur with more extreme set ups. 32 way damping and ride height adjustable. New drop links all round (common issue with OEM links failing) also fitted during my ownership. Drives really nice with reduced body roll. Partly due to upgraded ILMotorsport Anti Roll Bars front and rear too.
  3. WHEELS - Standard Sport Tech 10 spoke wheels, refinished in gunmetal, they really do look nice! Along with a full set of composite wheel nuts with security key on each nut. Installed brand new in 2020, Cooper CS8 ( latest version) medium tyres, fitted at the same time as wheels refurbed, fully balanced and 29psi all round. 25mm hub centric spacers fitted, no rubbing issues, gives the car a more purposeful appearance and stance. The wheels still retain their brand new appearance with absolutely ZERO kerbing or damage. Complementing the composite wheel nuts are red Mazda wheel centre caps. Flush fitting bolt in valves too.
  4. INTERIOR- fully custom re trimmed by Seatsurgeons, in a mixture of smooth and perforated diamond quilted black leather with red stitch, fully adjustable OEM heated seats, matching quilted leather door cards and perforated leather gear and handbrake gaiters. Modified (D shaped, flat bottomed) OEM airbag steering wheel (rake adjustable) by Royal Steering Wheels, new Carbonmiata deluxe footwell mats, matching Carbonmiata deluxe diamond quilted floor coverings with matching boot liner, US Club edition dash decal ( very subtle ) Revlimiter white dials ( possibly only set in UK correct with correct fog warning lights) ILMotorsport pedal set including footrest. RX8 lighting/indicator/wiper stalks conversion ( including intermittent wipe facility)
  5. BRAKES - As new OEM spec discs and pads all round during my ownership (very little wear), and as clean as a whistle, as part of routine servicing and checks, no sticky, tatty calipers or rusty discs here! Standard discs and pads are quite capable, other specs are available though. New handbrake cables fitted after one was faulty, so replaced the entire set.
  6. EXHAUST - OEM system but with the ILMotorsport full stainless Race back box, very expensive new (if you can get one), 2 separate boxes with full length polished stainless tail pipes. Quality kit with a beautiful discreet tone! Fully MOT compliant.
  7. CHASSIS - Previously under sealed (a wise investment) which has kept the underside in excellent condition. It’s not just the stuff that shows, that’s been looked after. Kept up with Bilt Hamber products.
    • PRHT in perfect working order after £900 refurbishment at main Mazda dealer, new limiter switches, new main roof motor and full diagnostics. No worries on this roof going forward, all works perfectly.
  8. ENGINE BAY - You could eat your dinner off it! Super clean, no leaks or areas that let it down in any way. Standard 2.0 Sport Tech, 3 point strut brace modified to accept Meister remote adjusters on front units. No corrosion/oxidisation to the bonnet underside, another common issue, and slam panel has zero rubbing marks after the respray work. new bumper/wing bolts all round. Updated oil dipstick too, for accurate readings. Battery volt/charge meter fitted to battery cover. New battery (3 year warranty) plus battery conditioner to be supplied with car.
  9. ICE - Pioneer Smart Sync audio single din with cubby installed (Pioneer app on phone IOS & Android) All SWC functions are available, handsfree phone, BT, SAT NAV, USB etc, full spec unit, latest version. Alpine 8” component door speakers installed for improved soundstage.
  10. COMFORT - Air conditioning blows ICE COLD and provides conditioned heating/ demisting etc as needed. Cruise control, heated leather seats, OEM thicker, flat bottomed steering wheel with thumb grips added. AUDI padded sun visor conversion with fully swivelling adjustment for side windows and automatic illumination to both visor mirrors. Great modification. SWC retained for all audio etc. Deluxe quilted floor coverings providing additional comfort and noise reduction.
  11. OEM supplied - Full IMS kit in original zipped case, full tool roll plus C spanner’s for suspension adjustment, security adapter for composite wheel nuts, inflator extension and spare dust seals for bolt in, flush tyre valves. Jack plus handle. Printed Mazda service history, all handbooks, wallet, receipts, 2 x fully working, programmed keys etc.

So, to sum up, not much left to do, is there? Whoever gets this car, won’t have a penny to spend, it’s good to go in all areas, from bodywork to interior, wheels and tyres, to mechanicals, to roof and brakes! A lot of money (and effort) has gone into this car, including its original purchase cost to me, as I wanted as good an example as I could get to start with. This has not been a restoration project, it was already a great example, it’s just been subject to quality refurbishment/modification. The results of this, are what you see today.
I don’t want to put monetary values to each area of the work that’s been undertaken to this exceptional Sport Tech, for one, my wife might read this advertisement! :rofl: Let’s just leave it that many thousands of ££££££’s has gone in to this! If you’ve got the time or the inclination, everything undertaken is currently available to buy, then factor in labour and fitting too. You can easily see how I’ve arrived at the price for this rather special vehicle. Car is registered in my name at my address, registration number is correctly applied to this vehicle, all handbooks are supplied with car, along with receipts, instruction booklets, etc. Find another one like this!

I have created a list of things I can remember that I’ve done to this car. IMO, probably one of the best (and unique) lightly modified examples out there at the moment.

ILMotorsport ARB’s
ILMotorsport Race back box
ILMotorsport air vent trim rings
ILMotorsport chrome vents
ILMotorsport 4 piece alloy pedal cover set

Leather custom interior, comprising black plain and perforated leather combo, diamond pattern seat centres and door cards, AHURA MAZDA symbol embroidered on headrests, all red stitching, matching gear and handbrake gaiters. Gear knob is OEM 6 speed, really nice condition, comfortable gear knob with correct gate legend.

RoyalSteeringWheel modified OEM airbag wheel, D shaped, re trimmed in perforated and smooth black leather with red stitching. Looks and feels amazing!

FULL, panel off respray, bonnet, boot, front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, door handles, mirrors, rear deck lid, roof, side skirts, front grille, fog light surrounds, aerial, lights, number plates, side indicators. No masking up and leaving panels in place on this one.

PRHT full refurbishment at Mazda, all works as intended. (receipt included)

Car has been de badged all round, (except black front Mazda emblem) everything smoothed and filled prior to respray.

Stubby aerial, works well with aftermarket audio unit. Original aerial included. Just unscrew to replace.

Front number plate plinth removed and bumper smoothed and filled.

2 line rectangular (MOT compliant) number plates front and rear

Carbonmiata deluxe black quilted/ red stitch floor coverings with additional deluxe floor mats in red.

Carbonmiata deluxe boot liner to match.

Full black LED side repeaters (OEM style)

ILMotorsport headlight eyebrows in body colour.

RX8 intermittent wiper stalk conversion.

Black high level third brake light cover.

Revlimiter white dial gauge faces with red tipped needles. Following on from an incorrect version being shipped to me, Adam (Revlimiter) reproduced a set with all the correct UK fog light warning illuminations. Not sure if this is the only set out there?

Upgraded Alpine 8” component door speakers.

Pioneer single din Smart Sync app controlled head unit (this has built in phone holder and your phone is the display, very neat)! All functions including hands free, voice control, BT, USB, ALEXA, SWC, SAT NAV etc, etc.

17" OEM Sport Tech wheels, fully refurbished and remain as new, in gunmetal.

Full set of matching Cooper CS8 tyres, wheels and tyres are perfect and in as new condition. Fully balanced and correctly inflated.

Composite wheel nuts with security to each nut plus security key adapter.

Red Mazda centre caps to wheels.

DIRENZA hub centric model specific 25mm spacers all round.

Bolt in, flush valve stems. (Stem adapter, extra dust caps, removal key etc)

Halo DRL’s incorporated into front fog lights, DRL control module fitted (on with ignition, dim to 50% with lights switched on, get you home delay feature) fully MOT compliant.

DRL switchback indicator bulbs fitted connected with DRL controller, all features as above. BE SEEN!

Gearbox and differential oils changed. K & N oil filter.

Engine oil and filter changed every 5k miles.

Meister club race suspension fitted, complete with front and rear remote adjusters.

New ARB drop links. Replaced as and when required. (OEM spec)

New windscreen wiper blades.

2 fully programmed keys and remote fobs with car, both working perfectly and in excellent condition.

Full OEM toolkit. IMS tyre kit, Jack, C spanner’s for suspension,

Full MAZDA handbook pack with case.

Receipts, previous paper MOT certificates, various instruction leaflets etc.

Full Mazda main dealer service print out to 100k miles subsequent 18k franchised dealer stamps/receipts/owner (myself) serviced with all receipts for parts etc.

Upgraded engine oil dipstick.

Rear boot lip spoiler

Front lower bumper spoiler with supports.

AUDI sun visor conversion, allows visors to turn for side window screening. Plus they are padded rather than hard plastic and have automatic vanity mirror illumination when pulled down.

ZEROGOGO RW100 dash cam (hardwired) magnetic mounted so very easy to remove. Capacitor powered, no battery needed, app controlled, very neat and discrete, complete with formatted SD card.

Well, can’t think of anything else at the moment but if I do, will add items to the list! Have a read here for the work carried out right from when I first purchased the car.

This cars MOT history can be researched (obviously) via GOV.UK please have a look as this motor car has an excellent record, no worries here. Read it in conjunction with the advert and the build thread link to understand fully what work has been undertaken.
Absolutely any inspection welcomed, come and have a look for yourself. This car is most definitely not a run of the mill, worn out, problematic vehicle. It runs faultlessly, genuine mileage with service records. I’ve spared nothing to get it to this standard. I will not be allowing unaccompanied test drives unfortunately, happy to take folk out in the car for as extensive a drive as you want but that’s it. However, with transaction completed, insurance arranged etc, if purchaser is unhappy, talk to me, tell me why, I’ll be very surprised if you are unhappy though. I’ve been so involved in this car, no one else has even sat in the drivers seat in my ownership, let alone driven it. I have a good quality OBD11 code reader that you are welcome to use before and after test runs to check for pending or stored codes, I’m that confident in the cars mechanical reliability. Absolutely ANY checks are welcomed, bring your mechanic with you or just check for yourself. I want the new owner to be as happy as I’ve been with this car when they take over ownership.

DO NOT be put off by the mileage, this car (with its Mazda main dealer history) starts, stops, drives, brakes, steers and looks like a car with a third of the mileage, if not better! So much new/ refurbished stuff to ensure complete peace of mind for the new owner.

If you think there is anything I’ve missed in this listing, please msg in the first instance. Happy to arrange viewings as I’m retired and can be around most times to suit. I will endeavour to answer any questions, I know this car (and mx5’s in general) very well, so happy to help with any queries.

Bank transfer (car will be released immediately once funds are secure) or cash on collection only, I believe the car is priced correctly for a satisfactory sale. If you’ve got this far, thank you for reading, if this has got you interested, contact me via PM in the first instance and arrange to view, you will not be disappointed. No silly offers please, I don’t want to offend anyone with my response. I reside in Leeds, just a couple of minutes off junction 27 M62, so easily accessible North,South, East or West. You will not be disappointed. I’ve put up a few pictures, lots more in my thread that’s linked to.

Plenty more pictures on request but it’s far better to see the car in the flesh, come and see for yourself before making a decision! The work undertaken by me, far exceeds the asking price of this car, that’s not taking into account the original purchase price, my loss, your gain possibly?

The car has completed a 1000 miles since previous MOT and I’m more than happy to have it tested again prior to hand over if required. (This is not a negotiation point though) Due December 20th this year. If you care to check out the MOT history, you’ll see two fails in its life plus some advisories. Look at that in conjunction with the write up and absolutely every item has been addressed properly. Suspension, wheels, tyres, brake discs, pads, ARB’s, drop links, exhaust box, interior, bodywork, battery etc, etc, all in amazing condition. Mechanically it’s fantastic, starts on the button, do not be put off by the mileage, FMSH to 100k has obviously helped, it’s a very smooth, quiet and strong engine and absolutely any inspection is welcomed. I’ll even brim the car with V Power for the new owner, (which the car likes to have) :+1:

No offers please, if you’re serious about wanting the car, you’ll appreciate the value at this asking price. Worth every penny IMO.

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system to contact me, as per forum rules and we can take it from there.

If you’ve got this far, go have a cuppa and a sit down! You must be exhausted! :smiley:

Selling as my wife and I embark on a new venture next year, we’re in the process of buying a touring caravan to tow behind the Audi. Most weekends and holidays are going to be with that going forward, so car would be getting literally no use whatsoever! Better that it goes to someone who will use it I reckon. :thinking:

Barrie

10 Likes

A few more pictures here. Must have overloaded the first post! :smiley:

For some reason, I’m having issues posting additional pictures :slightly_frowning_face:

Barrie

8 Likes

Just added a couple more pics, including the Mazda Service History :+1:

9 Likes

Just for information update really, been asked by a few interested parties about the MOT situation (expires in late December) so dropped the car off this morning for a fresh 12 months test. Will update later on the result! :nerd_face:

Barrie

UPDATE:

9 Likes