Better Late than Never?

Haven’t had a Credit Card since 2015

Meanwhile my Bank got taken over by another Bank

Recently the new Bank sent me a land letter saying the old Bank had made a mistake in 2012 and therefore they were sending me a cheque for £24.80 that was owed on my 2015 closed credit card

Yep…falling for that scam me think not !

But said cheque arrived from new Bank so I sent it by post to New Bank address

Skeptical me thinks ‘Well you know my address and the fact I still have Current & Savings with you so why is this happening by land post when you could just credit the sum on line’

But it cleared…Cheque from Closed Credit Card New Bank to Current A/C New Bank

So apparently rectifying the error has only taken 11 years

But me still skeptical…If they think this gesture will make me get another credit card with them

I don’t think so

Fingers Crossed still keeping head above water at the moment without credit

Micawber [Dickens] Rules for me at the moment

Any one had similar weird experience

PS
Should read ‘Cheque from Closed Credit Card OLD Bank’

Apologies…toothache

Did the £24.80 including the interest that would have accrued on the original sum owned? :wink:

Indeed

Well you don’t ‘look a gift horse in the mouth’ :horse:

Speaking of animals…now if only the different Bank I had a joint-account with late hubby [and they too were taken over] would actually liaise re my PPI Claim it would pay for a decent respray of Bullit

But not ‘counting my chickens’ :chicken:

And if 11 yrs is the current time scale of ‘catch-up’ for banks that have been taken over then I strongly suspect Bullit and I will probably be

‘Living on a Farm’ together by then :rofl: :crazy_face: :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.