Black Mk1 - 1.8

This Bella, my mk1 1.8, and I think I’m in love with her now that I need to get rid of her. But I have too many cars, and my first baby on the way, so one of them has to go!

Background

Mileage - 90k
Location - NW England
MOT - Feb 21
I’ve had it for ten years as my daily driver, on and off. It’ll do a 6 months garaged, and then run for 6 months flawlessly in summer, coz it’s bullet-proof! It’s been looked after by Carl at CBS, and my other local mechanic. It gets regular services. I have tons of paperwork. Cam belt done etc

Good bits

Engine - is mint. Pipercross filter, decat, and a cobalt exhaust - done by CBS - not pictured above. This all makes for one fast, loud and fun car. At 1000 and 2000 revs there’s just a low burbling rumble - and you can tip toe quietly through town. Somewhere around 3000 revs there’s an unholy bark, and 4000 to 6000… and hell breaks loose. And it’s a good, classic, throaty, sports car noise - not a chavy racket. Does cute little pops on the overrun too.
Steering - mint. Pirelli tires all round. About 3 years old.
Brakes - mint. Aftermarket EBCs. All the brake lines replaced a few years ago.
Suspension mint - had 4 racing shocks fit a few years ago. Can’t remember what brand, but a good racing brand. They lower the car 2mm all round. Just subtle enough to look good without being obviously SLAMMED! Wheels never rub, but the exhaust does catch those skinny speed bumps sometimes if you fly over the middle of them - DING!
Hard top - in good nick.
Soft top - I fit a new one a few years ago, and it’s pretty mint. It’s just the zip out section is a bit of a bitch.
No top - Cool anti-roll bar. Bought from CBS and looks great!
Electrics - all work!
Styling - replaced the rear and side lights with smoked/black. Everything else is original.
Spares - A box of spares. Including original parts replaced for style. And a fibre-glass boot lid I didnt get around to fitting.
Rust! I had all the rust underneath cut out and new metal welded in a few years ago. Lots of photos available. ever since then I’ve had the underside wax oiled. I replace the front arches last year with fibre-glass - got the front bumper repainted at the same time. See photo below…

Bad bits

Rust! - Rear arches are knackered - I keep patching them up but they need cutting out or sorting properly.
Drivers side door lock - doesn’t work. Something went ‘ping’ one day and snapped, and I just never bothered to fix it coz I always garage it.
Rest of the body work - little trolley dings everywhere. Most of them… literally trolley dings.

What I want

A good home for my beloved mx5. I’d keep it myself to pass on, but my oldest niece is still 10 years off driving it, and this car needs to be enjoyed. I think it’s a good candidate to be turned into a weekend banger racer by one of you good people? I guessing it’s worth around 2-3K but I dont have a clue really. I’ve probably spent around 10k on the car over the last 10 years making it (what I think) is the perfect little fun mx5.

TLDR: Is it worth owt? And, does anyone want it?

Found a few more nice photos…

Hi Truggleswick, looks like a lovely little thing. I’d be interested in taking it off your hands.

Cool. I’ll PM you