BLiNK Motorsport MX5 NC Demonstrator

For those members that visited the National Rally they would have had chance to view our Supercharged demonstrator that has just been recently completed.

Well, today was ‘the proof in the pudding’ - the demonstrator has just completed a very hard day of track testing round Oulton Park circuit and performed faultlessly - we also had the pleasure in taking some people that visited our stand at the show for demo rides in the car; which we hope they thoroughly enjoyed 

The car is now available for demonstration at our workshop and full details can be found on our website here:

http://www.blinkmotorsport.com/

Here are  couple of photos of the build and completed cars:

Fuel Module & Pump:

Hub Dyno plot comparing standard car (faint line) to Supercharged car - we estimate this to be 290 bhp @ flywheel

Finished Cars:

1 Like

So am I right in thinking this is the Corten-Miller kit ???

[quote=Dawasdave]

So am I right in thinking this is the Corten-Miller kit ???

[/quote]

Hi, yes this is the Corten Miller kit which we think is absolutely superb!

We are now authorized agents for them and can supply and fit any of their kits to customer cars.

Having over 10 years experience in racing MX5’s at the highest level and providing different levels of tuning for all MX5’s we hope we can add our knowledge and experience to this product and pass this on to our customers.

All supercharger kits fitted by us will have a full four wheel alignment carried out by us on our Hunter Hawkeye aligner and before/after dyno plot showing the increase in performance.

HTH

1 Like

Whats your price fitted for the Pro Kit and will it work alongside my BBR200 Kit ???

Kind regards

Thanks again for your interest in the kit 

The first car we converted (The Red car pictured in the original post) had our own 200bhp camshaft kit fitted prior to the supercharger install; this is another great part of this kit IT IS compatible with all the NA upgrades such as manifolds & cams and these items slightly enhance the base supercharger kit - the car with the camshafts fitted produced slightly better mid-range than standard camshafts - so the answer is yes, you can retain all the parts from the BBR 200 Kit.

In respect to prices, the link in the first post goes to the details of the supercharger kit on our website including the prices and some FAQ’s.  The cost for the pro kit is £4995 INCLUDING VAT! You will not pay a penny more - this is a drive in/drive out full installation including the mapping of the car. (we will also provide a full four wheel alignment and dyno plots of before & after).

Details posted here:

http://www.blinkmotorsport.com/?page_id=420

I hope this helps - if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to call or email us. Even better visit our workshop and experience our demonstrator yourself.

Take care.

Just as a quick update;

the car recently completed a full trackday at Oulton park with several hours of track time and it again ran flawlessly.

We are now happy to warranty any of the parts fitted in this kit for both road and track use.

Please feel free to contact us for details or even better - pay us a visit to experience this superb forced induction solution for the NC MX5.

Good write up from a customer:

"Had the pleasure of driving the demonstrator yesterday, mighty impressive as an all round car with the combination of parts (CM rotrex supercharger/Ohlins road and track/Mintex M1166 brakes).

The supercharger kit is an extremely neat and well designed installation, drivability wise it feels very ‘OEM’, it idles well, no rev droop or similar.  The power delivery is very linear and progressive, just what you want in a 5 IMO, it just feels like a bigger engine and has much more torque over the whole rev range (pulling away from stationary in second like I managed to do by accident and it doesn’t even stutter, I didn’t even notice until I went to change gear again, try doing that in a standard car and you will definitely notice).  Properly flies towards the rev limiter and just pulls harder and harder.  If I didn’t already have the ITB kit then this is the way I would go I think!  Consider me impressed :)"

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188537&p=3897042

A mate was chatting yesterday that he was going to go for a supercharger instal (instead of a turbo) for his 25th Anniversary model. He did have a Boxster and as much as he loves his 5, he misses the power. Methinks he will go to Blink as it’s not too far from the Liverpool ferry rather than drive further down to BBR, plus he prefers the supercharger Blink uses. Time will tell and I hope he invites me to go with him. :crossed_fingers:

Hi Davy, are Binks still in business, thought they shut down a while back?

Ohhh, I’ve just checked that out and you’re right. They say they’re closed but evaluating options for 2022. Guess he’s going to BBR then…