Blyton Park 25th March

1 Like

Morning Nick,

Will MoT be doing any more track days in 2023 or is it just the 8 currently listed on the website…?

Thanks for update Nick… if I can get my car back and breathing, I’ll be there - mobile chicane as always :confounded::+1:

1 Like

Possibly.

2 Likes

I have seen no mobile chicane! I do recall a somewhat concerned tone in your voice at Hethel once though! :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grin:

2 Likes

That wasn’t a noise coming from my mouth! :poop:

Hi, is Blyton on 25th March just for MX5’s?

Could anyone help me locate any specific MX5 days if known?

Thanks

No, not enough of you would come!

I think the club has Blyton booked out for a weekend in June or July…

Sure it was in the latest soft top hard top mag…?

I’ve just read this too. That and sprint events in Curborough - does anyone know how to book either of these?
Thanks

What a great day, a very well organised event at a really good track.
Blyton is a great place for both novice and the more experienced track driver and changing the track layout at lunch really spiced it up.
Had the opportunity to be a passenger in Paul Roddisons race car, what an experience that was!
Met some great people, had my first spin in the MX-5 and had a fantastic day

Cheers
F

1 Like

If you ain’t spinnin’, you ain’t trying’ :rofl::+1:

Being a passenger with Rodders is something else… it’s remarkable how the little cars we love can dance around a track in the hands of somebody who REALLY knows what they’re doing.

Sadly, family duties got in the way of making the day, but hope to get on track sometime this year!!! Missing it so much…

Yeah, the bride and myself had some of the action Saturday just gone in our Stormy Blue NC1.
Once again, a fab day was had all round.
Car was completely faultless all day doing 10-12 lap runs then a cool down (for the drivers as well as the car) :grin:
Since ownership some 3 yrs back for us, we’ve done 19 trackdays. From day one, we changed ALL the fluids and do the oil and filter every 2 events. We only do weekend use mileage in between as it’s a 2nd car for us.
In the first 6 months owning it, it had a manifold and mapping from BLiNK and after 18 months, again, we changed diff and gearbox fluids.
I’m knocked out just how solidly reliable it has been in all that time.
Consumables is all it’s needed.
It arrived to us with 106k on the clock and it’s just ticked over 127k.
I’m gobsmacked really.
Nick and Paul at M.O.T do a great job of organising and make things all nice and simple. Both of them very approachable and on hand.

1 Like

I was impressed just how capable this thing is give that it is an absolutely standard car.

Remember we have Croft on the 1st May and a Donington evening on the 9th May coming up.

Why is Croft priced higher?

Higher than?

I’m guessing Blyton, in this example.
Was anyone on site taking photos Nick at Blyton ?

No, a set of circumstance resulted in no photographer at Blyton.

Answering the question above, and allowing for the fact that it may not be obvious to some.
Croft is a major UK race circuit, Blyton is not. Not only does it hold major race events like BTCC and TCR as well as classic and historical events and bike racing, this event is on a bank holiday slap bang in the middle of race season. The circuit hire cost alone is way more than double that of Blyton, which actually makes it better value per place, of which there will only be 60.
It is a great circuit.

On reflection I thought the date might have something to do with it.

I’ve been around Croft in a Caterham at full chat with a pro driver at the wheel - hells teeth! That convinced me to do a track day there at some point in the very near future.