Bodyshop in the Northwich area for minor rust repairs

Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the Northwich area? I’ve got some minor bubbling on the arches of my recently purchased MK2.5 that I’d like to get sorted before it becomes more serious.

Doing a local google search there’s an endless list of options but I’ve no idea if any of them are any good.

I’m also looking to get the wheels refurbished if anyone has any recommendations for that too.

All help gratefully received,

Adam

Go and see Steph and Colin at CSHaynes They are Cheshire&North Wales members

2 Likes

I’d second that, C&S Haynes have done
Body work for us, excellent job and brilliant customer service

2 Likes

Bubbling on the arch is rarely not serious. Someone could do a quick blowover, but its not going to fix it unfortunately. The decision to make is to either do a cosmetic repair now, knowing it might need doing again in 1-2 years, or to bite the bullet.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I need to find out. It’s mostly just on the lip of the rear arches, so hopefully not into the territory of requiring new panels or major welding yet :crossed_fingers:

I found Wincham Autos are very good. The guy there did some work on my NA and he is a very good mechanic and will give you a very straight quote. He is very good mechanically and does work on several cars I have and is always good value and fair.

1 Like