BOSE Audio Unit LCD Intermittent Failure

1. My model of MX-5 is: Mk 3.5
  2. I’m based near: __Norwich
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __I have a 2009 2.0 Sport Tech with factory fitted BOSE audio unit. I am getting an intermittent fault with the LCD display in that it either doesn’t display at all, or it displays OK to start with but freezes after a few miles (ie clock displays but stops advancing the time and changing radio channel, CD track, volume, etc won’t change what’s displayed on the unit…
    The backlight comes on ok, and the actual controls all function as normal, its just that the screen is either completely blank or frozen on the last display. This only seems to happen during spells of hot weather when inside cabin temperature is high, and usually rectifies itself once the ambient temperature has cooled down.
    Has anyone experienced anything similar, or can advise on how to rectify, other than disconnecting battery to see if the unit rests itself?
    Thank you.

Just a quick update on this topic for future reference. Apparently the issue is with the Display Driver Board inside the head unit. I have been quoted £128 for replacement part from Bose Repair Experts. (Seems a bit excessive for a pcb, but then what do I know!)
As the fault only seems to materialise in hot weather, I have a bit of time yet before I have to bite the bullet. In the meantime, if anyone has a used board or complete Bose head unit, they are willing to sell, please get in touch, thanks.