Bose System

I am a 2007 se and I am thinking of putting a Bose from a 2013 MX5 . Is this possible ?

I’m sure it’s possible although whether it’s worth it is another matter.

The dash board differs in some way that there is a different aftermarket adaptor for post 2009 models so presumably the way the originals fit are different.

Then you have to consider the wiring for the bose amp will probably not be there

The speakers are also different to the standard, so you’ll need them too

You’ll either have to replace the inner door cards with bose versions or cut out the holes from the original.

By the time you’ve sourced all the parts and checked the fitment you’ve then got more work fitting the amp [i think it’s in the back but don’t quote me] you’ve still got a seven year old stereo running 7 year old speakers. For much less hassle and probably cheaper you can get a decent aftermarket unit and speakers which you’ll be able to fit in an afternoon and will sound so much better and have more features than the Bose system.

I think that answers my question really well. Thanks for that. Not worth it.

Definitely not worth the time and effort.
I’ve just fitted an aftermarket market head unit, very good indeed. Coupled with an android phone it provides everything I need including navigation.

What did you put in?

It’s a JVC KW m745DBT

Looks good. Was an easy swap, just a new facia?

It was an easy swap for me as I already had an aftermarket head unit installed previously. So the facia kit that you need for the switch from the standard unit was already in place.
Of course a fresh install would require the facia kit, ISO lead and the appropriate steering wheel control interface if you wish to have that working with the unit.
I had previously a separate DAB plug in tuner, a separate sat nav and of course a Bluetooth radio. A few cables draped around the dash connecting the stuff up which was ok for a while but it looked untidy. It’s all in one unit now.

Thanks for that advice. I shall look into it. Cheers.