Boxing day run (26/12/2014)

Boxing day run

When: 26/12/2014 06:00

Hi Folks,

It hard to believe we are almost at the end of another calendar year and like me I’m sure you are wondering where it all went?

Hopefully in terms of the Northern Ireland MX-5 area, it has been another successful and enjoyable year, with plenty of good quality, activity/events etc. Thanks to everyone who participated in the various events and especially a big thank you to all who were involved in the organisation and planning of them - without you we would not have a successful club.

Those of you who were at the AGM or the Christmas Dinner, will know that Trina has stepped down from her role as “joint coordinator” and I have now agreed to join Peter as his “wingman” for the next spell of duty. 

FINAL EVENT OF 2014

The final MX-5 event for 2014 is almost upon us and as usual this will be the “Annual Boxing Day Run”, or as we used to advertise it - “The escape from the relatives day”.

This will take a slightly different format this year. There will be no BBQ at Tollymore Forest Park this year, but instead we will have a planned run from Sprucefield, ending up at Newcastle where we have arranged to have a snack/lunch at the Avoca Hotel along the Promenade.

It would be nice to see a good number of folks at this event, and it would be especially nice to renew old acquaintances with long standing members, who we have not seen for some time. Everyone is very welcome and ever if your car is safely tucked away for the winter, you will still be welcome to come along in your alternative set of wheels.

Final details and times etc, will be published shortly.

Steven and Peter

Joint AC’s Northern Ireland Area.

06:00 start?

Edit, sorry never read line regarding times to be set.

Hi Bluebird & Myself can’t make the Boxing Day Run!!!
Are you sure you got it right at 06.00am in the morning lol that’s a very early start for the Boxing Day Run??? Sorry I’ll not be there! Looking forward to spending the day with family! ???

Hi ian, it’s not a 6:00am start I misread the original post also, final line in peters post , final timea and details will be posted shortly… The system apparently needed some sort of time set.

Hi Andrew
Yes just read that. If I organize a mx5 car run on
Facebook? I usually put the start times & finishing
times on before I post the rest off it. Anyone one coming on to looking at the start time at 06.00am will be surely be put off when reading it?
I wonder when it will be corrected? With the proper start time for all to see?!

See your car made it into the owners club calender.[(yy)]

Ian and all,

We don’t know the start time yet, still waiting for that to be confirmed by the organiser. I will post it as soon as it is confirmed. We felt it was more important to get the post out there so that folk could put it in their calendars etc. especially as it is a very busy time of the year.

I’m sure most of our members will be sensible enough to realise that it doesn’t start at 6am lol.

Hi All,

I can now confirm that the MX-5 Boxing Day run will meet at McDonalds Sprucefield at 11AM for a 11:30AM start. After a short run we plan to arrive at the Avoca Hotel, along the Promenade in Newcastle, for lunch at around 1:30PM.

See you there - don’t forget that if your car is cosseted away in your heated garage for the winter :slight_smile: - you are still welcome to join us on the run or meet up at the Avoca in your everyday car.

Steven & Peter -

Joint A/C’s N Ireland Area.