Brake caliper

Hi I need some help. I recently purchased a new N/s rear caliper fro Eurocarparts. it was an exchange item with a surcharge on the old one. When the delivery was made, the old caliper had been removed and the driver was in a hurry and would not wait for us to check the new one. my problem is that the bracket/arm, where the handbrake cable attaches to the caliper was missing from the new part. The old part had gone and Eurocarparts are not even as useful as a chocolate fireguard,when it comes to helping me get out of my current predicament (No handbrake) can anyboby suggest a solution. I just need the bolt and the lever/bracket. thanks in advance Terry

Give Andrew @ Autolink UK a ring. He’ll almost certainly have the bits you need and will get them in the post to you asap.

Deleted due to duplicate post issues

ECP used to be my first port of call (when they only supplied parts for BMW and a few other makes). However, after a couple of episodes where they supplied the incorrect (brake system) parts twice I’ve become increasingly wary of dealing with them. I ordered parts online for my wife’s car only to find the discs were totally incorrect and the pads were nothing like what they were supposed to be. I rang my nearest depot (the one I normally use) and was given a “not our problem” answer. After re-ordering the parts they again turned up incorrect. This time I managed to ring head office who told me that the local depot should have dealt with it in the first place. I eventually got the problem sorted out but it took two visits to the depot (12 miles each way) to finally get the correct parts. The reception I received there was off-hand to say the least - I would have preferred some sort of apology. It was a very long time before I used them again.

My son more recently had a similar problem. Definitely ordered correct parts, wrong parts turned up; big problem to sort out.

Again, I think the service you get boils down to the staff in post at the time…

I use my local motor factor if possible - they recognise my voice on the phone and usually give me a discount.