Brake hoses

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Mk 1
  2. I’m based near: __Surrey
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Has anyone fitted IL Motorsport brake hoses from MX5 Parts ?
    The Goodrich ones have mixed reviews but no reviews for IL.

Haven’t fitted them but when I do I’ll go for il MotorSport, simply because they use oem style brackets etc instead of generic lined p clips.

This is going back many years but the Goodridge hoses were a bit long for my NA. I had to fit the banjo joints at a rather odd angle to prevent tyre fouling.

Funny that, because the reviews for both the Goodridge and the Hel Performance complain they’re too short, so it sounds like Goldridge may not be exactly consistent (that and complaints about them not using the oem style connectors).

Odd though, the IL official site doesn’t appear to sell the same brake hose kit as you get from mx5parts.

Generic photo?

Well the mx5parts page talks about the use of teflon inside the stainless steel hoses. while the IL site makes no mention and just says they’re stainless steel.

Have to admit I was surprised genuine Mazda rubber hoses were more expensive than IL stainless, I figured even with the increased price for a genuine product steel would have been more expensive (I mean I presume steel hoses last longer in addition to the whole ‘reducing spongy feeling’ part).

I have an NC rather than NA, but the IL braided hoses were an exact replacement of OEM with all fittings in exactly the same place and pointing the right way.

No twisting or kinking, I was very pleased.

Thanks guys. Looks like IL hoses it is then.