Brands Hatch Trackday, 1st December

This trackday is being advertised in the current edition of STHT.

Couple of questions - is it an MX5OC event - will it just be MX-5s on track?  If not, presumably it’ll be open to allcomers - as a relative trackday novice, is this something I should be scared about?   

Does Brands Hatch require rollover bar/hardtop?

OK that’s more than a couple of questions  

Thanks, Steve

[quote=H1S VRB]

This trackday is being advertised in the current edition of STHT.

Couple of questions - is it an MX5OC event - will it just be MX-5s on track?  If not, presumably it’ll be open to allcomers - as a relative trackday novice, is this something I should be scared about?   

Nothing what so ever

Does Brands Hatch require rollover bar/hardtop?

No

OK that’s more than a couple of questions  

Thanks, Steve

[/quote]

Email sent with details Steve.

I would also like to join in this track day. Can you send me some details please Pete?

Im all booked in for this day of fun. :slight_smile:

Hi Jamie,

I’m sure Peter/MOT will be along to confirm - but if you’re a full MX5OC member, you need to email Derek.higgs@mx5oc.co.uk , quoting your membership no. and giving your address & phone number.  He’ll send you a non-transferable discount code - which you then use when you make the booking direct with MazdaOnTrack TrackDays here http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/brands-hatch-indy-track-day—friday-1st-december-2017—60-car-limit-664-p.asp

You can add extra driver or 20 min tuition - then add the promo code on the checkout page for the discount. 

Steve

Many thanks Steve.

I’d like to go to December Brands Hatch. Can I still get in?
I emailed Derek a couple of days ago, but no response yet. Dont want to miss out, as it says that there are only 2 places left…

Unfortunately if you have not already booked, all the OC place allocations have gone and the day is sold out. 

Does anyone know if those that have not been lucky enough to get a ticket for this event would be able to turn up on the day just to spectate?

Thanks

Barry

no problem Barry just turn up on the day. No charge to get in.

Pity I could not make this track day as Brands Indy is just made for the 5. 

Absolutley great circuit and Paddock Hill Bend is just amazing!

Brands was my first track day and although a tad apprehensive, my son and I had amazing fun learning how to drive a RWD car in a safe and fun environment. 

We have booked Oulton Park next month with MOT - so REALLY looking forward to this (I thnka few places are still left for this one). 

With the good Doctor giving me some confidence that the car should be OK at the recent Solent technical day - onwards and upwards 

Only a couple of weeks away now! Just changed the brake fluid and fitted new front pads in preparation. Bought the car only a couple of months ago and this track day will be its first outing. Cant wait!!

Absolutely psyched about this event! Have done plenty of racing in Karts over the years but never taken an actual car around a track before. This will be the first outing for me and my old man in our (his) MX-5! 

For those that have done this sort of thing before, how busy does the track get and do they have a wide variety of cars on the track at the same time? It’d be a shame if we have to spend the majority of laps pulling over to one side to let super fast RX8’s through. Or, indeed, other people in other MX5s who actually know what they’re doing! 

You need not worry about the overtaking, all the overtaking rules will be explained at the briefing so please do not be concerned. You should have received an e-mail from me explaining what the event is all about and what is available. Contact me on peter.mcnicol@mx5oc.co.uk if you have not received it.

The club has twenty members taking there cars on circuit so a good majority of the cars will be MX’s. You have the opportunity as a novice to have the first twenty minutes on circuit to become accustomed to the track and I recommend that you take up the opportunity to have some instruction on the day which you will find very beneficial.

Peter

Hi Pete - will we receive any information about accessing the circuit, timetable etc. on Friday - or will it all be fairly obvious on arrival?

Last time I was at Brands was in 1976 - when James Hunt won/didn’t win the British GP.

You should have received something from  MOT BY now. If you are happy just turn up at 0730 for signing on all the forms  will be available to fill in when you arrive.

Call me on 07950305669 if you are not sure. 

Pete

What great fun this was. It was my first time taking the mx5 on track but it’s something I’m keen to repeat.

I was really pleased with how my car went as having bought it already turbocharged, ive had to do lots to get it to a state where engine, brakes and handling would all be balanced and reliable. The thing slowing me down was my lack of experience and confidence in just what it can do.

I’d also like to express my thanks to PeteMac for his guidance and advice, plus the loan of tools and spare bolts so i could belatedly fit a towing eye. I cant believe you give up your day to stand around in the cold and have to leave your own mx5 at home!

Cheers

Ben

Just wanted to add mine and SNR’s thanks to the organisers/runners of this event. As noted above it was our first track day and it was an excellent all round experience! We’ll definitely be catching up with you all at a few more track days through 2018, this time with some new brake pads and grippy tyres! 

JNR