Brief update July

The Beauchief and The Sheffield Park, are now fully booked for Saturday night, enquire directly with them for availability of other nights.

A  list of other hotels in the area can be downloaded at http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/files/folders/rally_information/default.aspx -

Sorry no organised transport other than from The Park or the Barlow Campsite

If you require transport to and from The Park, or the Barlow Camp Site please reserve your place on the bus promptly

There are still tickets available for the Pie and Pea Supper / Dance.

A few places are available on the organised runs on Saturday.

A booking form for the above events was sent out with STHT, further copies can be downloaded at http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/15904.aspx

Please remember to bring you membership card to gain free admission to the Rally Field.

Its probably a bit early to mention this - Fuel -

Please fill up on route to the Saturday runs, or Chatsworth on Sunday,  Petrol Stations are few and far between in rural Derbyshire. There is no petrol at Baslow, the nearest village to Chatsworth, he nearest petrol is Calver Cross Roads, Bakewell, Matlock, Hathersage or Bamford.       Meadowhead - Sheffield or Walton - Chesterfield.    Last time I passed through, it was Derv only at Darley Dale,

Mazda on Track are organising a motorsport fun day at Curborough Sprint Track for those members in the area on Friday, full details can be found at http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk  Please book motorsport event directly with MOT.

Hi there

Please can you put Martyn and myself down for the morning run on Saturday morning at 9.30am

Sorry was not sure where to post this information

Thanks

Sarah Jarrett and Martyn Terry

South East Area Coordinators

Hi can i just turn up on the day, i just want to have a look around will there be parking for visitors at chatsworth or is this just a members event only.??

The event is open to anyone who has an interest in cars, we will be pleased to see you, the more the merrier.

Non members turning up in MX5’s can park on the rally field (subjuct to space being available )or on the main Chatsworth Car Park for pricely sum of £2.00 for the whole day.

Non members will not be able to receive the reduced price admission to the house or gardens.

People joining on the day, will receive their car parking fee back, if they have parked on the rally field, and will instantly qualify for other membership benifits.

Hi there,

Would you please be kind enough to add 2 more cars onto the afternoon drive.

Mark Stuart & Linda Stuart 20839

Dave Cartwright & Kerry Dix 18884

When we submitted our booking form it did not have the section for booking drives.

We will  need to make our area aware of this, as many of them booked early and I assume would have received the same form.

Having just had an eventful adventure to South Yorkshire this weekend I can recommend the Copthorne Hotel in Bramall Lane - next door to Sheffield United Ground.  Lovely hotel with large confortable rooms and a fitness suite.  Currently weekend deal £58 per room per night including breakfast a complimentany drink in bar. King size room for couples, singles and queen and sofa bed room (twin) all still available.  Only drawback is Sheffield United playing at home on saturday 17th so cannot get car in or out of immediate area between 2pm and 6pm!!!

Hi Mark,Linda,Dave and Kerry

I have put you down for the afternoon drive. Would be good to let your members know, it just gives us an idea of numbers .

Thanks Mummy (Jill)

Thanks for the feed back,

I know the people behind the hotel are trying very hard, as you say the down side is the Blades match, but I would have thought the supporters will be long gone by 6pm

The roads around Bramall Lane are closed off by the police 1 hour before kick off and 1 hour after the match ends.

I’d like to come on the run, myself and partner, have booked the Barlow Field for camping, have I missed the bus for the supper? Would like to know, have really been out of it recently and need to update myself on what is going on…

Thanks to you all

D n G

Hi G n G

No you have not missed the bus. Just send in your application form for the pie and pea supper, it has all the other things on as well, there should have been one in this months STHT. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mummy (Jill )