BRITCAR 2012 INTRO: updated 05 Aug

Bernie, all are welcome; new, old, cars & members alike!

Even if people want to come and go daily the real estate is ours so if there’s less cars there during the night no-ones going to know!

Not a bad one to choose if this is your first time. Friendlier and less formal than the F1 weekend and the ability to wander in and out the pitlane too Big Smile

Just booked a pair for this - when will we find out if we have the infield passes? Is this just when we get the tickets?..

Jon, urgent PM sent…

Sorry Carol,

Lou and I hosted our 40th b’day party at home last weekend, then spent yesterday at a very (very) wet Blyton so playing catch-up!

All sorted and seen your reply Big Smile

Tickets and infield pass turned up today.

Mine too.Big Smile

That’s not fair…we’re organising the damn thing and still waiting for ours Sad

And even after battling through a five page Risk Assessment…

Sadly the weekend of the 23rd Sept involves another Hitting head on wall family birthday… and sadly we cannot make it to SilverstoneSad  but wish Jon and co. all the best for this event - am sure it will be great againThumbs up

I booked last november after going to my third britcar and got 2 x 3 day tickets, infield parking pass and program voucher for 20quid!!

To top it all i then won a days track tuition on 23rd oct 2011 in race car no. 75 (one of the green jota cars entered in the race) from one of the britcar drivers (mark ticehurst)  thanks to experience mazda

I really can’t recommend this event highly enough it really is a fantastic weekend but will be taking a camper for the duration, will pop over and say hi to you all on the stand though. See ya there! 

Hi tickets arrived, windscreen pass etc, Shame Nick and mazda on track are at blyton this weekend, I want to do both, but will be at silverstone, will Have to wait for the last sprint day at blyton.

Just ordered Tickets. Never been to an event like this. Treating my dad for his birthday. looking forward to it.

Great stuff, and he’ll never know his pressie only cost you 15 quid Wink

See you there…

Had more Britcar post today. Car pass for parade laps and a sign in form. All I have to do now is make sure I am there by 09.00 on Saturday to sign in. Due to wifey’s work I cannot get there on friday so will be travlling up on the Saturday morning, which means it is going to have to be an early start. Unless Jon you know if we can sign in later. Certainly dont want to miss out.

Honest answer Phil, not a clue!!!

I’m currently 300 miles from home and my only internet connection is the local McDonalds car park…I really dislike McDonalds…

I’m home at some point tromorrow after delivering a car to the Cheshire & North Wales guys for Car Fest, then returning to Gloucester to pick up another car to take back to Yorkshire but Louise informs me there’s a BRITCAR envelope awaiting my arrival and I’ll chase Hayley (our heroine over at BRITCAR HQ) for an answer.

But my guess is, as Saturday is going to be incredibly busy with various races, the lunchtime parade laps (of which by the way we are the only Club that will be starting from the infield Big Smile as is our new-found VIP status!) and of course the impending 1600 start for the 24hr race, the guys and gals that make the event tick have chosen 9am as it’s the only time they can physically do so.

But it’ll be great to see you there again Thumbs up

Hi,

looking forward to going as not been to something like this before.

Thanks

Booked a pair a tickets. Cant wait for this :slight_smile:

Do you have a time table for the weekend? I scoured the website and cant find anything :frowning:

Hopefully this timetable link should work for you:

http://www.britcar24hr.co.uk/newsletter/WebsiteUploads/24hr/Timetable-2012Britcar24Hr-Issue2.pdf

Thanks for digging that up MX5adball, I’m away from home again this week and my internet connection consists of McDonalds car park again!!!

Great race card once again.

I’m still amazed we get three days racing, for two people, plus parade laps, plus what is effectively VIP treatment for only 30 quid Dancing

No worries, really looking forward to this now!

It does seem a bit like robbery, all the racing over 3 days, infield parking & parade laps all for £30! Do you know if we get access to the grandstands as well? Can’t seem to see anything in the info sent?..

Yep.

Last year they had the main pit straight stand, a couple at Luffield and the one that looks across Maggotts and Beckets open (which means you can see all the way down to the new ‘Wing’ building and back up through Farm which is our preffered viewing area.