Broken drivers seat nc2

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC2 Sport tech
  2. I’m based near: __grantham
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __drivers seat.

my driver’s seat is breaking.
I haven’t taken it out to look at as I want to have a spare ready or know that it can be saved.
basically, it feels like something in the metal base framework has broken, come apart or is badly worn!

so how repairable is the framework?
or does anyone have a heated black leather seat from an nc2 sport tech I can buy or beg?

You won’t really know what’s wrong until it’s out. Just the 4 bolts out and the electrical block to unclip and it lifts out.
Maybe a loose bolt (the seat frame is bolted to the sliders) or as with one of my replacement seats a spring needed tweaking back in straight.

thanks, mick,
i found a large black washer under the seat a while back.
it feels like a bolt has come out on the back left corner, that or the frame has broken but by the sound and feel I think its more likely a bolt has come out or is undone

I’ve changed over the sliders on the NC seats before. The bolt heads are a little awkward to get to due their positions (in the channel on the slider) definitely doable though.
Safety first, let the airbag (in the seat) discharge before disconnection of the under seat electrical block, about 20 mins. Or if you want extra safety disconnect the battery.:+1:

I’m guessing and it is a guess, that the nut has dropped off the bottom of one of the bolts and that the others are loose enough for the seat to move slightly at that corner!

ph qhilw im at it my handbrake light is coming on during acceleration from time to time? and ideas

Have you checked the brake fluid level lately. It can trigger that light if low and it doesn’t need to be much below the full mark to trigger it.

hey all.
the seat saga continues!
the base is now so broken that the sensor in the seat that tells the car there is someone in the seat is on the way out and so now it keeps beeping at me! and I end up having to shuffle about in the seat to make it shut up!

is there a way to disable the beeping without taking the seat out, as I don’t want to take the seat out till I have a replacement?