Broken plastic trim - any idea where it's from?

Hi,
Way back when I bought my MX-5 I found the following bit of plastic included, it looks like it has been bent until its snapped off from somewhere judging by the white stress colouring to the plastic.

I bought seat storage pockets for my car and put it in one of the pockets and forgot all about it being there till I rediscovered it today while vacuuming.

As my car came with a double DIN radio I always thought it must have been broken off the inside of the tombstone panel, however I never did find a place where it could have gone (as I reverted the car back to single DIN eventually) and a quick search of the ones for sale on eBay today seems to show it couldn’t be from there inspite of it being the right width.

So, has anyone got any idea as to where it could have come from/what it is?

Part of a vacuum cleaner??

I think I may know what it is, but couldn’t confirm it unless I take out the radio, heater controls etc.

I found some images of dashboards for sale and it could well be the lower half of the defroster vent ( NA01-61-253 - 1990-1997 Mazda Miata Defroster Duct NA01-61-253 | Mazda Parts Central - number 3 in their image) which looks suspiciously similar and potentially may have been able to catch on the somewhat deep double DIN radio that was fitted when I bought my car and then either been snapped off or, more likely, the previous owner snapped it off.