Brooklands 2014, Any questions about coming? Please post in this thread…

Update

Reconciliation of on and also offline tickets shows 630 processed so far.

There is a single AM slot left for Test Hill

All 50 PM slots are now completely sold out.

Bit odd, just booked the last AM Test Hill slot (and had confirmation email) but the merchandise website still says the item is still in stock 

Think Iain might have lifted my leg…

Hi Iain,

Many thanks for your speedy reply. Yes, I have now got the Paypal confirmation email, which details my address (I said it was a stupid question!)

And yes, I had forgotten about Mallory Park but do remember that we had to pay to actually go into Haynes Motor Museum, Chatsworth House etc. I was just trying to understand why some people are quibbling about paying a bargain price for what looks to be a really good day out.

We are not actually underwater as yet but the rain doesn’t appear to be stopping…where is it coming from? Shouldn’t the sea be empty by now? Much more and my MX will have turned into a Gibbs Aquada by itself!

Taff had to put one back, but it was at the time and now all gone. All that without coming anywhere near your legs…

£10.00 £10.00 £10.00 Stop your bitching… I think we are still getting a good deal. Just look what you’re getting for that £10.00. Where else could you get such a good deal and a fantastic day out… I’m from the North East Area and i can’t think of any event up here that you could get into for less than £10.00.So Stop and think and thank those that are putting their hearts into producing an event that the MX-5 OC should be proud to be part of.WE are going and travelling 350 miles to join in and what with the price of fuel and B&B for 2 nights its costing us a lot more than £10.00. So Just go and have a good day.Enjoy!!!

Ken Falcus…Yell

Hi Folks

I have booked my free ticket and paid for Martyns joint membership ticket, ( I am still not happy with this but will be bringing this up at the AC meeting) not on the forum it is not the £10 that bothers me but the actual way it has been advertised as free for all members when this is not actually true, the wording really should have been correct, however we are looking forward to the event and will be coming with many South East Area members.  We would not let £10 get between coming to what will be a really good event. The forum is not the place to have this discussion I have sent a separate email to put my point over where this will remain.

Please do come along and enjoy another good day out, having lived by Brooklands, gone to Brooklands College and visited it is really worth £10 and more so get booking folks and enjoy yourselves.

Thanks

Sarah (Mazda Chick)

Hi

I am disabled and my wife and I are coming to the event. I can’t get my wheelchair into my wife’s MX5, so normally don’t stray too far from the car when she takes me out in it. I haven’t been to Brooklands for years but do know that I will need to use the chair to get the most out of all of the exhibits and the see the whole site.

Can anybody tell me if Brooklands has wheelchairs available for loan or hire ? If so will I have to book these in advance?

Thanks

Mark

From the Brooklands website

Access & Facilities

Brooklands Museum is a large open air museum with many period buildings and exhibits, some with stepped access. All exhibits are wheelchair accessible. However there is no wheelchair access on board our aeroplanes, which all have steps (including Concorde). The Concorde Simulator is fully accessible with ramped access.

Disabled parking is available near our Main Visitor Entrance. For more information about disabled parking on the Museum site please call 01932 857381.

Admission
There is an entry charge for Brooklands Museum and opening times vary by the season.  Accompanying carers may be admitted free of charge where their presence is essential for a visit to the Museum.

Wheelchairs
Three wheelchairs are available for visitors to borrow. These may be reserved in advance of your visit.

Accessible Toilets
There are toilets at the Clubhouse (Radar Key) and Jackson Shed.

General Enquiries

info@brooklandsmuseum.com
01932 857381 ext 221

Mark

We also have some answers on the Event FAQ MX-5 Owners Club Forum - MX-5 OC Forum

and as pointed out above there are wheelchairs available, I have sent a Private Message PM to you with the contact details of the person to arrange this with at the venue.

Has the club organised a photographer to capture our run up the hill at Brooklands. I don’t mind paying for a photo and I am sure others would as well

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin, can I direct you to no. 23 on the FAQ http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst71310_Spring-Day-at-Brooklands-FAQs.aspx

There are a couple of photographers coming in a press function so I am sure we can arrange to have images available to give you.

HI all what all the fuss about.

I organize a local club event at the Pershore plum festival and its only a small event but it takes me 6 months of contacting and organizing.

So well done to all for putting on, and I hope a great event, never been to Brooklands before and looking forward to it big time. And I think when we all go home after the event with big smilesLaughing on our faces we will probably think what was all the fuss about Laughing

Just relax and have fun because that’s what it is all about !!! and meeting up with old friendsSmile

Sorry if this question has already been answered - I purchased my tickets on line a few weeks ago, when will they be posted?

Looking forward to a great weekend.

Hi Blue,

From the description on the ticket page on the store EKM | Account Cancelled | Account Closed

Deadline for advance tickets is 4th April 2014.

Details, passes and all tickets will be posted out 2 weeks prior to the event. Entrance tickets will be required on arrival and will be collected at the gate, any visitor without an advance ticket will pay the Museum’s regular event entrance fee on the day.

However - given the volume of tickets that have been requested and purchased this may move forward a few days to allow for an expected last minute rush with the next edition of Soft Top Hardtop which will be published about a 10 days before the deadline.

Iainf

Thanks for the update

Is there any way (or chance) that a Reserve list could be compiled in case someone with a Test Hill slot can’t make it due to unforseens? I’ve only found out this week that I can attend & slots were sold out more than 2 weeks ago…Cry

More than 'appy to be “on da list” & pay for any ticket that can’t be used.

I guess that makes me #1 on the list…Cool

Should be a fantastic day out!

BTW, £9 (or £10 with postage) HAS to be a bargain for the second 'alf…hope that’s the end of the nitpicking!

Bill

Hi Bill 

There is a reserve list scribed, mainly from the postal applications that arrived just after the numbers were reached, happy to add you to the list but unfortunately you’ll be about #12

Thx Iain…

Cry

Cool

When I sent my order in for tickets I was not aware that this was only to get on site, I did not order a ticket for my wife (who is a joint member) as thought the ticket was only for the museum, this was not very clearly specified on the order form, Do I now need to order another ticket via the website and pay the postage cost twice?

Hi Bee could you PM me name or order details and will get things sorted out with you.