BSAC or Padi?

After reading  Ma5da’ s post a similar thought came to me, how many members were or still are SCUBA divers either with BSAC or Padi?

I joined BSAC in 1973 , membership number 99843.

We have 8 current or past members in P&P who dived.(no comments please about other forms of diving, I have heard them all!!)

I also attended the British Sub Aqua (Masonic) Lodge No8997 in Great Queen Street  on a number of occasions.

[quote=burtonm]

.(no comments please about other forms of diving, I have heard them all!!)

That’s blown that one out the window then!!

I used to dive a lot in the late 90’s. BSAC Club instructor and PADI  rescue diver. I was planning on making it a career when I left the miltary but couldn’t complete the PADI  ( Pay and Dive Instantly) swimming test for the open water instructor qualification. Believe it or not there was no big swimming test then. Every test involed the use of  mask and fins. My instructor said " Don’t  worry son, you need to be able to sink not swim to be a scuba diver"

Stopped when I discovered wind surfing, water skiing and motorcycling.

I dived lots when I lived in Norfolk. I was secretary of local BSAC club for a while but since getting old, moving back to yorkshire and buying Molly I’ve turned into a softy and only dive on holiday these days.