Bucket Seat Query

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC 2.0 PRHT

Hi all. Has anybody got any experience with this seat and rail? Are they easy to install and also would it be easy enough to remove and replace normal seat once a year for mot?

Probably should ask if such a seat is easy enough to swap out for the sprints/hillclimb events. My experience is that such seats are pretty painful for everyday use.

If you can fit it, its easy enough to take out. When changing seats, usually the problem is the first time, trying to undo factory bolts with what turns out to be the wrong socket, which managed to round everything off. Once you are past that, its a breeze.

1 Like

Thanks. I use the car only for competing and driving to events. It’s not my daily driver. As long as it’s not too uncomfortable, I reckon it would be ok from that point of view.

1 Like

Air bag warning lights ? Need coding out ?
Just incase your unlucky enough to be pulled by boys in blue on drive to event .

1 Like

Easy enough to stop warning lights coming on by sticking a resistor in the plug under the seat. I’m more concerned about not passing mot because I removed an airbag.