Business Card Design Software please.

Hi

The last three posts on here are mine - I am slippingSmile

Have used Vistaprint for my little business cards for years. Very cheap, standard design card with some basic details overtyped.

Vistaprint have not only stopped doing my preferred card but are now charging a fair price for their product, the swines.

I would like to take this as an opportunity to create my own business card, probably using a digital photo as the background with a view to submitting this to Vistaprint or similar business card manufacturer for printing.

These have to be done using particular software to produce a .PDF / x1a file for printing by a company such as Bizay.

The Software has to be able to allow overtyping of details onto a sized photo to create the file.

Anyone any experience of this? I know I could buy products to do this one off job but hoping someone can suggest a free method of creating the required business card PDF/x1a file.           

Have you tried GIMP? It can save as PDF and you can configure your image to x1a with CMYK etc.

https://www.canva.com.

All online so minimal / zero outlay. I use where the trade buys for cards and the art output from Canva is readily accepted by their site for printing.

I have been playing  with GIMPSmile, so not had a chance to try Canva yet.

GIMP slows my machine right down and have struggled a bit with it but…

MX5Bitz bus card  

I am more autistic than artistic and this is my first attempt but constructive comments invited.