Buyer Beware

Thought I would bring my experience to the club. Been looking to buy a decent roll bar for some time. Eventually settled on the GC Fabrication. Selected the model i wanted paid the £322.00…received e.mail acknowleging my order. After a month of hearing zilch, I e mailed them…nothing…e mailed again…nothing…telephoned…to answer phone…left contact details.purpose of call…nothing. Basically none of my attempts to contact to determine a delivery time were responded to. Took up with Paypal instigating a claim…no response from seller…Paypal found in my favour and fully refunded. Saw on MX5 nutz similar experiences who felt a little less cheesed of than me…citing…we should buy local supporting our small business. My thoughts on my experience…rude/arrogant/disrespectful…happy to take my hard earned money…and then ignore the customer…never again GC Fabrications never again.

1 Like

Well that’ll be the COVID then!:crazy_face:

1 Like

Grant of GC fame is globally lauded as being complete and utter pants in the comms dept (and I really don’t know how he survives as a business on that score) BUT…his roll bars are a good, solid and well made item, my PRHT NC1 has one.
I do sympathise with you, wholeheartedly…

I have a GCF roll bar. It likewise took a long time to arrive (and the comms were somewhat lacking) but I’m very pleased with it and it was worth the wait. I’d also be happy to order another GCF bar should I need another one in the future. It seems very well made. My main gripe with the whole escapade was BOFI listing it as ‘in stock’ when it clearly wasn’t.

Hi Super 7
Thanks for taking time to read and give a response to my post.
Thats good you feel that way enough about the product to put up with any possible hassle to buy another if needed.
There are plenty of other Rollbars equal to or better than GC fabrications where you wont need to put up with " bad comms", and actually get the roll bar in a reasonable time frame or communicated with approx delivery times. What really really really seriously p…d me off is the website indicates bars ready to roll, happy to take someones money and then ignores them. Doesnt deserve mine or any one elses custom in my humble opinion no matter how good thier rollbars are and thats a shame.

1 Like

what about getting one from these guys?

1 Like

Thanks George…I will have a look at thier site.
Also looming at Caged Laser.
Andy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.