Buying Turbo MX5 vs Building/BBR

That’s how I feel, a bit more torque in my nc 2.0 would be good just so you’re not shifting so much to actually get meaningful power, the sense of speed in the mx5 is great though, it always feels like I’m going quicker than what the speedo is telling me.

I did drive my friends 140i, it has m performance lsd, some powerflex or similar bushings, some other alignment/suspension mods and remapped to 430hp. Effortless power and the zf8 was smoother than expected but it just felt like licence losing material.

What’s the point in something faster if it doesn’t feel it.

I can just imagine the NC with a turbo would be the ultimate fun car for say 10k, my only issue is the gearbox, the gears are very short but maybe I will just go 1st to 3rd with turbo torque.

Looks a good spec but way outside of my budget. I think it’s someones on here?

Agreed, does look very nice.

Was a bit shocked at the price.
Mine is 2011 with 5k less miles on it and not the 25th anniversary model but certainly should be worth a few quid still.
Not that it’s for sale. Too much fun.

You’re not the only one that was surprised by the price!

Before you go down the add-on turbo route, check the insurance effect, perhaps a re-chip of the ECU ( or a dyno tune/reprogramming if that is possible) might be a cheap way of getting a bit more mid-range for a modest cost.

I have the ecutek remap, took the car from 155 to 182 with around 10-15% more torque across the rev range (with some bolt on stuff)
It is a lot better but it’s to be expected as its just a 2.0 NA car so its good for what it is.

I’ll definitely check insurance as I doubt many places will insure a car that is quite a bit different from stock.