Bye bye NC, hello ND

Yes, so I see by looking at your beauty …And of course New doesn’t mean better every time, especially for those wishing to invest…
An immaculate E Type Jag Would buy four new Top of the range Jags today… The main advantage of The ND over the NC is That the ND is a ‘up to the minute‘ MX5… The MX5,ND (In its time) will look just as antiquated as a NC does today against an ND… far newer model‘s will come onto the market In due course repeating the cycle of MX 5 Evolution… the ND might be just the beginning …
The NC ( in the right colour‘s ) looks just as nice in its own skin, I saw a stunning NC recently at a gathering of us Retired oldies In Essex, It was best described as a ‘ deep wine red Metallic ‘ But had a very unusual gold tinge to it, I don’t know if it was a production colour or a special order or even a re paint But stunning, the couple had driven from Kent in their immaculate beautIful MX5…
If you read this “ Your car is a credit to you “ The misses did look horrified when I told them To have their car lowered 30mm
Hubby agreed with me… . I left a bit sharpish Before a domestic unfolded… Bless you both :heart::rose:
best regards from Ray in Essex

1 Like

A true credit to you … lovely finish …lovely colour. And if my memory serves me right. It’s as stunning underside ? Don’t fancy coming and doing mine next summer do you ?

1 Like

The colour sounds like Copper Red. I have a rather nice 2011 2.0L Roadster Coupe in that colour. As its name suggests, it has a copper lustre when the sun shines on it.
I bought mine in 2017 and it had one previous owner after being a Mazda demonstrator. I LOVE IT!

1 Like

It could be that colour Mazz
I’m wondering if your car is the same colour that the MX5 NC was That arrived from Kent on one of those Retyred lunches in Essex ? It was stunning It was an indescribable colour Nearest I could explain was a dark dark burgundy wine red Metalic with a strong metal flake base with a hint of brown… The paint looked so deep it looked like you could put your arm deep into the paint, If it was a respray I cannot imagine how much it cost. Someone did say that it was a special,order Mazda colour only used for just one year But it was lovely. Best I have ever seen on a Mazda .thanks for your post. Best regards from Ray in Essex

I do like the Copper Red colour, especially just after when the car has been washed.

Mine is now nearly 14 years old with 104,000 annually serviced miles, and touch wood, long may its ‘health’ continue.

Now that I am retired and on pension, the ND remains a pipe dream, so the NC will remain until Boris and the green agenda rules otherwise.

Happy motoring lads and lasses.

4 Likes

wow what a claim to fame, i sat in a new nd once . c,mon then which experience felt the best b’c’ or d?

‘ND’
Each is better than the one before it.