Camping sites

Hi All

Is there an official OC preferred Camping Site if not, can anyone recommend any sites that are nice and local to the event please ?

Thanks

Teddly 

I’ve had a look in to this and there’s a Caravan Club registered camp site in the grounds. I’ll be booking my pitch there next month. 

Rob

Many thanks will do the same, look forward to seeing you there !Big Smile

Teddly

If you can hold fire for a bit there may be a deal available with the camping and caravan club which is next to the rally site. It’s being looked in to currently.

Thumbs up will do ! 

I have had my motorhome on both the Caravan Club and The Camping and Caravan Club Sites a couple of years ago, they are both to a high standard and open to non members and there is not a lot to chose between them, I am not sure if the Caravan Club allows just tent-ers.

There is a very pleasant walk through the woods to the estate workers club, good beer, but no food.

thanks burtonm Big Smile

Is anyone thinking of Camping or Caravanning at the Sandringham National rally?

I have spoken to the Camping and Caravan Club who have a site in close proximity to the rally site. If we have a minimum of 7 units for one night then there is a discount available as long as we book as a group through one organiser. The money would need to be collected in advance.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ - look at the Sandringham Club site

The cost would be: - £11.85 per unit (caravan/motorhome/trailer tent/tent) + £3.85 for hook-up per night. Note this price is for the unit, so you can have up to 4 people in there, depending on the capacity of your unit.

If there were not the minimum amount of units per night the price would revert to the standard rate of £9.35 per person per night plus non-member fee of £7.2 per pitch plus electric.

This would mean we can only take up the offer for each night we have 7 or more units. You can stay longer but at full price and pay yourselves.

I need to see if anyone is interested so I can reserve a number of pitches and activate the offer. Please reply or PM I if you are interested and I will get back to you if I have enough people to activate the offer.

We are staying on this site from Thursday night to Sunday night.

Andrew & Hilly Cool

We are considering camping but it reality don’t want to make a decision until we know how the weather is likely to pan out for the weekend, i.e. probably the week before. If its likely to be ‘yuk’ (meteorological jargon!) then we may just commute to the rally instead!

I know James and Robbie will have e-prayered the big man in the sky to book some sunshine but I’m just being cautious! Lol

[quote=Ajs & Hilly]

Is anyone thinking of Camping or Caravanning at the Sandringham National rally?

I have spoken to the Camping and Caravan Club who have a site in close proximity to the rally site. If we have a minimum of 7 units for one night then there is a discount available as long as we book as a group through one organiser. The money would need to be collected in advance.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ - look at the Sandringham Club site

The cost would be: - £11.85 per unit (caravan/motorhome/trailer tent/tent) + £3.85 for hook-up per night. Note this price is for the unit, so you can have up to 4 people in there, depending on the capacity of your unit.

If there were not the minimum amount of units per night the price would revert to the standard rate of £9.35 per person per night plus non-member fee of £7.2 per pitch plus electric.

This would mean we can only take up the offer for each night we have 7 or more units. You can stay longer but at full price and pay yourselves.

I need to see if anyone is interested so I can reserve a number of pitches and activate the offer. Please reply or PM I if you are interested and I will get back to you if I have enough people to activate the offer.

We are staying on this site from Thursday night to Sunday night.

Andrew & Hilly

Hi

I am sorry I will not able to take up this offer as we do not have enough people.  We will still be staying on the site so give us a look while you are there.

Looking forward to a good rally

Andrew