Can peak and pennies suggest some great roads in the peak district (sat)

Well on Saturday I’m going for a run out in the MX5 but really fancy going south through the peak district as I normally head north from Leeds to North Yorkshire or the Lake District. 

So can anyone suggest a route or some great roads I must go on, a combination of both scenic and twisty fast stuff would be ideal

Many Thanks

Ben. 

Can’t help directly as I’m from down south, but I can recommend a couple of books.

Bikers Britain

Bikers Britain The Tour.

They detail some great drives, meant for bikes but equally applicable to our grreat little cars.

ThnaksI will look at getting me one of those :slight_smile: or maybe both but don’t think they will be delivered in time for Saturday 

Sorry Ben I have only just seen your post, we are currently on a camp site in Woodhall Spa for the 40’s weekend. I will send you some suggestions shortly. In the mean time have a look at our past runs, route cards are attached to many. Burton AC P&P

UK routes are here http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-kingdom-/united-kingdom-__134.html

East Mids etc http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-kingdom-/east-midlands--___938.html

Cheers folks well we had our drive. Ended up going through huddersfield and holmfirth on the back roads to our first stop at ladybower.

Then along the snake pass and back to lady bower as we saw what looked like a avro lancaster and I went back to see if it was making a pass of the three dam’s no way I could race a plane though.

We went down the b roads till we got yo Bakewell and found the carnival was blocking the road in and out so back on the b roads and luckily found hagg farm diary for a lovely ice cream. And then carried on down to carsington water.

It seems all roads where great fun and some really stunning scenery. I must spend more time in the peaks it’s amazing.

Was shocked I didn’t see more mx5s about though think I only saw 4 mx5s all day and only 2 waved back.

Ben.