Can you buy the bulbs for inside switches, MK1

Annoying one this. I bought a proper fog light switch for a Mk1 back in november and having only got around to fitting it last week I found that the back illumination isn’t working. I’ve taken it apart and checked continuity across the offending green bulb and indeed, it is dead. I was kind of hoping I could replace the bulb as this is one of the switches with an integrated on/off tell tale (which does work) and I don’t seem to be able to find another one.

I can find plenty of places selling green bulbs for instrument clusters etc but not the tiny green bulb for a fog switch. Anyone found one anywhere?

Is it one of these ?

Unfortunately not. I think that is for the instrument cluster I think though it may be the same one that fits in a dimmer switch. The fog switch bulb is much smaller and sit on the a rectangular rubber base. I’ll try post a picture.

Any part number stamped anywhere on the plastic?

Does the green cap actually just unscrew/push and twist?
(or a hacksaw blade/heat gun and a super glue tube maybe).

As best I can tell from your image it looks like that is just a lens with a plug-in bulb below it, looks like one of those little flat ended transparent bulbs (like this, though possibly smaller: 12 VOLT 12v 1w T5 1108 DASHBOARD INTERIOR SWITCH CAR BULB LAMP 5mm (x10) | eBay).

The green cap can be removed and I have now done that and pulled the bulb out along with its tails. Too small to see a part number but I have since found a US Mazda post with Mouser part numbers for the bulb itself so if I get anywhere with this, I’ll report back in case it’s helpful for others.

I know it’s maybe a little trivial but I hate stuff that doesn’t work 100%

Measure the bulb with a vernier and start searching Google for a capless bulb. It’s probably only 1watt