Can you identify this (estate) car?

We sold US GM cars back in the '60’s. You are correct, Pontiac and Chevrolets were built in Canada with RHD. Curiously Pontiacs came with Chevrolet engines. The rest of the cars came from the US. We sold some Cadillacs and a couple of Buick Rivieras. I used to go to Lendrum and Hartman quite often to collect cars. I remember seeing Cliff Richard’s blue Corvette there. In 1967 I moved to the US and worked with Buick and then I moved to Canada and worked with Pontiac in Toronto. When I returned home we took on the Madza franchise & my first Mazda was an R100 rotary.

I thought Hillman Minx?? but bow to others judgement

I was going to suggest a Ford Anglia 105 estate conversion someone in our family had one, as I remember it was not a factory conversion but another coachworks company did a conversion although I think there was a factory estate of the 105

The picture was taken in 1957 so that may not be correct!!! It’s deffo a Chevy Wagon 210 as per Richard_H.
:heart:

1 Like

might be an early Skoda

Haha yes completely missed that part🤦

1 Like

Is it an Austin A40

Vauxhall Super Victor? But the Chevy 210 also looks the part!

I would go for a Ford anglia 105e estate ,I think the earlier model with the smaller front grill.

except for the fact the 105e was only introduced in 1959 and the photo is 1957…so either the car is not an Anglia Estate or it was a time traveller :rofl: :rofl:

Definitely not the Ford or the Austin because the chrome trim is lower down and lines up with the bottom of the rear light cluster. I originally thought Vauxhall but, looking at the photo in Post #9, I now think 1955 Chevy is the best candidate.
Any chance of blowing up the photo even further?

Sorry, first photo is best I can do. Blowing up much more just makes it more grainy, because it wasn’t originally a high resolution digital image. The original photo is the one at the top right to be found via the following link,

but zooming in on your device is the best I can suggest if you’re still not convinced it’s a Chevy.

Nope, I’m definitely convinced its a '55 Chevy.
Tried zooming in a bit more and the roofline, rear pillars, badges, lights, hinges and chrome trim all match

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.