Cancelled – Grampian – What did you do before the A90? – Cancelled

Sunday 22nd October - We probably have this covered through other comms however just in case, with the current weather events including a ‘Red Weather Warning’ for Saturday we will cancel Sundays run.

1 Like

Empathy…Hope you & yours & MX-5 SAFE :pray:

Thanks, we live on top of a hill and the MX-5 lives inside, however the winds have been ferocious.

Our road to the local town has just been closed due to the river bursting its banks which sadly is not that unusual and we still have electricity so all in all not bad.

There are others in lower lying areas who are much worse off and definitely sympathise with their plight.

Glad u safe IanH :smiley:

OK here in Newcastle-under-Lyme. In similar vein on a slight slope so water runs onto a field and then into a decent ravine. Back garden and field a quagmire but only nearby road outside GP Surgery flooded… but it’s done this since 2014

Also whilst living in York 1987-1994 ish we used to go to a Pub near the river [Ouse?] that regulary used to ‘burst its’ banks’. Indeed they had a Measuring Ruler on their ground Floor showing the Year and how far up the water had come going back before 1987 !

So the Questions I am asking here are:

Has Climate Change Been Going On Long Before we Knew About It ?

AND WHAT I DON’T GET IS

WHY ARE WE BUILDING FLOOD BARRIERS RATHER THAN MONSOON [STORM] DRAINS ???

Apologies IanH …your Post activated a Bigger Picture in me tiny brain :face_with_spiral_eyes: