Can't upgrade to full membership

Hi… I have just tried to upgrade from Forum to Full Membership, but site won’t allow me because postal code is incomplete! I have put in all my details, but still no go… Any idea why?
Thanks in advance.
Rob

Good morning! This may not be the case, but recently, not on here though, different websites where you’re filling in address details, I’ve cut and pasted or as I start typing and it comes up with suggestions, just clicked on that for postcodes and had exactly the same issues. Typed in without a space and often that’s rejected too. Only yesterday this happened on Gov.UK attempting to re tax my 5 for 1st April and postcode rejected several times as a missed or incorrectly completed field? As said might not be the case here but worth a try maybe? I’m sure admin will pick this up shortly and have the solution for you :+1: nice that you’re going for full membership too!

Barrie

2 Likes

Hi Rob,

I’ve had this before on other pages where my browser has pre-filled information, and I think it’s the same as what Barrie has described above.

Does the postcode box have a different colour background to the others after completing the form? If so, it may have pre-filled and not been recognised as being completed, so either using the tab key to move through the boxes again or just overtyping may help.

If not, maybe try using another browser to register.

Hope you get it sorted!

Phil

2 Likes

Drop a note to membership@mx5oc.co.uk and they will sort you out.

2 Likes

Thanks you for the replies… It was late last night when I tried to do my upgrade, and I was half asleep…! I’ll give it another go today and if still no go, message membership@mx5oc.co.uk.
Thanks again.
Rob
Have tried a number of times again, using autofill or entering details manually - Doesn’t matter what I do, I still get a little box come up saying “Your Postal Code Is Incomplete” :rage:

Update: I’ve just tried my tablet instead of my laptop to upgrade membership - Same issue as before… Both tablet and laptop use Google Chrome… Could this be the problem?
Rob

Try using Microsoft Edge as your browser , Have had the fill-in box problem before, one browser didn’t want to accept my input, swapped to the other and no problems.

1 Like

Just tried Microsoft Edge and came on the site via Bing… and surprise surprise, I still can’t upgrade - Same issue “Your Postal Code Is Incomplete” typed in details manually and without AutoFill!
Looks like I’ll be just a “Forum Member” for a bit…! :unamused:
Rob

Sorry to hear your problems… Just send me your money and a ‘handling fee’ I will do it for you !!! LOL

1 Like

All sorted now…! Thanks Mattie :slight_smile:

Welcome to the club.

1 Like

Your post code is also requested alongside your card payment details , I had a similar problem

1 Like

It didn’t seem clear to me that I had to put the post code in along side card payment details - On emailing the owners club with the problem, it appears they added post code for me and I was able to complete the transaction… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chris, your avatar hasn’t picked up the member flag, did you get this resolved?