Car Competitions

The Club's competitions are an important part of the Rallies and the car's history and help to not only preserve originality but also to inspire current and future generations of MX-5 owners to enjoy their car. It's an important year for the Club and the Car and what better year to take a trophy home.

We have a new Competitions team in place and it is all systems go.

?With the emphasis on how well your car is kept and worked on, owners can enter their car into any one of the following 5 Competition classes:

Standard Car Class - Factory standard car, period Mazda genuine accessories only.
Light Modification - Some cosmetic and light modifications with aftermarket accessories (most members cars)
Modified - Numerous enthusiast modifications and also forced induction cars (*except where standard fit)
Ultra Modified - Radical vehicle alteration, e.g retro body kit or MX-5 kit build.
Daily Driver - Accessible category for cars in regular use. Age & mileage limits apply (bodywork & cabin judged only)

HOW TO ENTER

?To enter the Competitions all you need to do is Complete the form on the Rally Website
https://www.mx530.co.uk/car-competitions.html

The Competitions team will send you confirmation and a copy of the judging and scoring manual (also downloadable on this page)

The cut off for entry will be 15.00 Friday 6th September to allow for the Rally team to set out the Competition plots for the day. After this time we will be unable to accept more vehicles into the Competitions.

Specific Rally information, times and directions will be sent to all competitors after entry closes.

Please Note : Due to site restrictions, overall places are limited at this event.

Such a shame that the rally is on the same day as the MX5 show and shine in Beaulieu. I feel like competition-wise there’ll be a bit of a north/south divide!

So if your car was registered after 2017 you cannot enter ??? Am I reading that right 

The exact wording is— Mk4 (ND) pre 29 March 2017 registration only*.

Other way round fella, their decision to keep going on the same weekend as the Anniversary Rally and more power to them, but competition wise,  at the Rally you can compete for national recognition in front of around 6000 visiting owners and fans, with your prizes and trophy awarded to you by the designer of the MX-5, national car press and one car will go forward to the Club Classic stand in the NEC with Meguairs.
It’s not something you’re going to be able to do every day, if showing my car was my thing the Rally is where I’d probably want to do it.

If you want to still show your car there are a couple of places to, with the Area displays (speak to your Area Coordinator) or maybe with the guys from BBR?

The competition is set on a framework of how your car is looked after and maintained, which really only comes with use and age (and once the new car smell is gone), handing a prize to a 2019 ND because it is clean when someone is bringing a 2015 up to a level to compete is a non starter. The rules have been this way since 2012 with age and mileage limits to try to keep things far for all competitors. 

Originally Posted by: mx5nat Go to Quoted Post

Such a shame that the rally is on the same day as the MX5 show and shine in Beaulieu. I feel like competition-wise there’ll be a bit of a north/south divide!

No contest Surely 

All things being equal I’d for sure be at the club event - limited mileage policy on my shiny 5 decides for me York ate enough already

Conducted the first pass on the Competitor entry forms to clean the data (one entry is enough folks!)

As of this morning there are 4 places left in the Competition paddock.

Oh how I wish my current car was in show condition! This part of the rallies are what I love to see (and often participate in). Really looking forward to seeing members cars across all marques at Gaydon. Good luck to all participants 

Barrie

COMPETITION PADDOCK NOW FULL