Car Control Day Par Deux, Warwickshire 28th March

After our very successful open day we have the next of out very successful and entertaining Car Control Days at Shakespeare County Raceway in Warwickshire on the 28th. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Last time out we corrupted ITWH (It’s the wife’s honest) and his wife IMBCSKO (It’s my bloody car so keep off) and other MK3 owners into the joys of avoiding cones and having a huge amount of fun. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Also back by popular demand is Welcome to Track, which as it’s name suggests is ideal for those who have never been on track or are unsure about what to do, all done in a friendly and relaxed way. <o:p></o:p>

CAR CONTROL DAYS ZOOM ZOOM  8)

Im in [H]

Awsome day last time - par Deux should be even better [Y]

Whats the latest we can book? Looks like I am free that weekend after all but I blew hose out on Saturday that I will need to try and replace before I can run the car again.

Also is the member discount for members of MX5OC, MOT or either?

Cheers,

Slip

I’m booked already.[H]

Afternoon. [8-|]

We can take bookings anytime you like up to Friday, unless the day sells out, as obviously we need to know that you are coming before the day.

There is no discount for being in the OC, but if you would like to joint the MoTDC then the day is only £50 which is quite a saving.

http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/drivers-club-discounts-41-c.asp

Thanks for a brilliant day guys…shame Ken Killed 3 cones…including a favourite one! The weather was cold, windy and dry…well until the end anyway! AND we saved the tent from being blown away too [:D]

I didn’t get to drive…I’m a scaredy cat…but who knows…maybe next time [;)] and being a passenger was exciting anyway.

Really disappointed to have missed this, Nick. I’d love to do a track day, and this seems to be the ideal ways to begin. I’ve been checking the website every month since missing the last one, in about September, hoping you’d run another one so it was frustrating to check the website and discover i’d missed it. It doesn’t seem long since I last checked, did you give much notice? Perhaps you could set up a simple mailing list to let those interested know about upcoming events, especially as you don’t run this one very often. Hopefully I’ll find out about the next one in time.

Hi Andy,

Sorry about that. We only bought Welcome to Track back recently when we were happy with the venue as it is quite time consuming and that acted against us at our original venue.

Absolutely happy to add you to our mailing list, and anyone else that would like our regular news letter. Our problem is that we are not here to step on anyones toes and I am aware that already there is an existing mailing list for the OC motorsports threads and that many events are run via MG’s on Track so I am very cautious about posting alternative options. However, if you would like to send me your details to nick.dougill@mazdaontrack.co.uk I will happily add you to the list.

If you would like to joint the MoTDC there are also real savings on track events. We also run a similar set up on our main track days and we have a Brands Hatch evening on the 16th of April if you are interested.

www.mazdaontrack.co.uk

Cheers,

Nick

Also gutted to have missed this, had a problem with the car which I’m glad came up before the day rather than on the day.

I just signed up to the OC mailing list to ensure I don’t miss events like this in the future, will you always be sending events round on that list or is it better to sign up to both?

Hi slipp3ry333,

If you want to know about Mazda on Track events sign up here. It’s a totally different list to the OC one.

http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/index.asp

If you look in the top right hand corner you will see a tab marked Mailing List.

If you sign up there, you will never be unaware again [:)]